Dragoncrest Cliffs Cause I have traveled cross this country wide
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
The ghosts faded when Nieve spoke.  It was strange to think that she hadn't even been a thought when the war had occurred.  Now she was grown, young and smart and strong.  Rosalyn's ears turned, but she continued to stare at the cliffs as Erzulie spoke for her.  She was grateful, hearing the story.  She hadn't expected the heavy feeling that settled in her chest, one that would have made speaking hard as she remembered the frantic calls that had echoed around the cliffsides.

She closed her eyes for a moment, then turned to her wife and daughter.  She did not have much to add.  That night, I got these trying to get free.  She turned her face.  She didn't even remember the woman's name who had delivered them, but she'd never forget her face.  This place was a fortress... your maman and the others fought bravely, but Eurycrates was lost, and in the end, they finally let me go.  She still did not know why.

This was the thought that was turning her mind, however, and she cast a look at Erzulie.  She loathed to say it, but as many nightmares as this place held, there was an opportunity too.

What better way to ensure they never returned to this place?

As your maman said - in the end we remained while they scattered.  They are out there, somewhere... but I hope you will never see them.  They are not the kind to forget.  This was a bleak note to end on, and she sighed, then smiled.  Not our happiest story, but it is an important one.  And it did have a happy ending - their family had flourished, even through hardship.
Messages In This Thread
Cause I have traveled cross this country wide - by Rosalyn - January 25, 2020, 11:26 AM
RE: Cause I have traveled cross this country wide - by Rosalyn - January 27, 2020, 12:14 AM
RE: Cause I have traveled cross this country wide - by Nieve - February 01, 2020, 12:13 AM
RE: Cause I have traveled cross this country wide - by Nieve - February 15, 2020, 04:36 AM
RE: Cause I have traveled cross this country wide - by Nieve - February 18, 2020, 04:49 AM