Seaside Moors Longs for sun and lays in the dark
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Raleska's words rang true for her.  She wondered briefly if she was looking for an argument, with the desperate tone she put to them, but she wouldn't find one from Rosalyn.  We are, she answered, in a way.  

She had to think for a moment on how she would answer, and took the opportunity to finally close the distance between them carefully.

As soon as things feel calm, that seems to be when life decides to pull the ground from beneath us.  We can't control when that happens.  All we can do is try to find new ground to stand on, hopefully firmer than the last.  She wasn't sure Raleska would take her meaning, but it was her best approximation.

But you are right.  Drageda was only one.  Every time it will feel like the biggest, as it happens... and then every time it will feel small as it fades, replaced by something new.  Their father... he'd been of Drageda.  She'd almost forgotten.  I barely think of them anymore, she added, half-confession.  I don't know that I remember any of their faces.  It still bothers you?

Raleska had been younger when it all happened, and on a side that Rosalyn had not experienced.  They'd taken her eye and her looks, yes, but resilience always won in the end.  She hadn't thought she would ever forget the bitch who gave her this face, but as she sought to recall, no details could be found.
Messages In This Thread
Longs for sun and lays in the dark - by Rosalyn - July 14, 2020, 08:03 PM
RE: Longs for sun and lays in the dark - by Raleska - July 14, 2020, 08:07 PM
RE: Longs for sun and lays in the dark - by Rosalyn - July 19, 2020, 01:10 PM
RE: Longs for sun and lays in the dark - by Raleska - July 23, 2020, 06:20 PM
RE: Longs for sun and lays in the dark - by Rosalyn - July 28, 2020, 03:54 PM
RE: Longs for sun and lays in the dark - by Raleska - August 09, 2020, 04:20 PM
RE: Longs for sun and lays in the dark - by Rosalyn - August 12, 2020, 11:11 AM
RE: Longs for sun and lays in the dark - by Raleska - August 17, 2020, 01:50 PM
RE: Longs for sun and lays in the dark - by Rosalyn - August 25, 2020, 11:28 AM
RE: Longs for sun and lays in the dark - by Raleska - August 29, 2020, 01:23 PM
RE: Longs for sun and lays in the dark - by Rosalyn - September 03, 2020, 06:26 PM