Seaside Moors Seeing fire, I'm told it never burns.
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
let me know if you want me to pp you getting here other kids <3 but also feel free to jump in anytime.  I'll be vague

They had mostly gathered.  Those who had not were young, and Rosalyn would seek them out immediately after.  She wasn't immediately troubled; sometimes the children took to the shore, or may not feel up to coming with their brother still lost.  All who arrived seemed respectful, open and ready to listen.  She shifted, touching her flank to Erzulie's lightly.

The moors have been a good place for us to settle, these past few months.  With winter coming, and the bear that caused Valravn's disappearance, I do not think we should risk staying here.  We need somewhere better defended.  She glanced at Raleska momentarily, noting again the guilt in her stature.  There was little Rosalyn could do about it, but she felt her stomach clench.  The monster.... was it the same?

There are cliffs, on the far northern shore.  We've scouted them and they seem empty.  The only wolf they had met had been a loner, hardly a threat to their claim.  They'll provide shelter from the weather and from anyone who would seek to harm us.  Closer to the ocean, defended from surrounding strife.  She was so tired of feeling as if jaws were closing in on their heels.

We should go before winter makes the trip dangerous.  All of us do not need to stay and search.  She hated this... were it up to her, all would.  But she would not sacrifice the rest of them for his sake.  If the bear truly came, she knew that they would not all survive it.  

She paused then, looking at them as though to invite them to speak.  These words had been entirely her own... her wife, too, might have had more to add.
Messages In This Thread
Seeing fire, I'm told it never burns. - by Rosalyn - October 29, 2020, 03:10 PM
RE: Seeing fire, I'm told it never burns. - by Erzulie - October 29, 2020, 03:14 PM
RE: Seeing fire, I'm told it never burns. - by Raleska - October 29, 2020, 05:03 PM
RE: Seeing fire, I'm told it never burns. - by RIP Kaertok - October 29, 2020, 05:32 PM
RE: Seeing fire, I'm told it never burns. - by Aningan - October 29, 2020, 11:12 PM
RE: Seeing fire, I'm told it never burns. - by Miranda - October 30, 2020, 12:04 AM
RE: Seeing fire, I'm told it never burns. - by Rosalyn - October 30, 2020, 07:27 PM
RE: Seeing fire, I'm told it never burns. - by Erzulie - November 02, 2020, 06:54 PM
RE: Seeing fire, I'm told it never burns. - by Grímnismál - November 02, 2020, 07:03 PM
RE: Seeing fire, I'm told it never burns. - by Raleska - November 03, 2020, 10:40 AM
RE: Seeing fire, I'm told it never burns. - by RIP Kaertok - November 03, 2020, 12:49 PM
RE: Seeing fire, I'm told it never burns. - by Rosalyn - November 04, 2020, 10:18 PM
RE: Seeing fire, I'm told it never burns. - by RIP Kaertok - November 10, 2020, 12:15 PM
RE: Seeing fire, I'm told it never burns. - by Erzulie - November 11, 2020, 12:44 AM
RE: Seeing fire, I'm told it never burns. - by Raleska - November 14, 2020, 07:23 PM
RE: Seeing fire, I'm told it never burns. - by Rosalyn - November 24, 2020, 09:36 AM