Wheeling Gull Isle and all around, reminders of you are everywhere i go
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Greek. Yes, she replied, smiling. Daedric, my family's religious tongue. And my old mentor taught me a few words from his own language. . .In-Innuk. . .kuk. . .I think it was called? She looked sheepish as she stumbled over the name, one she hadn't heard for quite some time now.

Instead, she turned her attention to the man, losing herself and any embarrassment in his story. Intriguing, that. It reminded her of Blackfeather Woods, when Maegi, Tundra and Jakoul had ruled alongside each other. Not that they considered themselves supreme because of their sex—but she immediately saw her old co-leaders' faces in her mind, and felt a pang because of it.

Sea and moon, Maegi mused. Sounds a lot like the religion Huā told me about. Her own family's beliefs. So you fit in well here.

It was something she could get behind, too. The Daedric religion had been full of dark things, with very few redeeming qualities. What Huā and now Aiolos described had beauty. It was ethereal.

Not that the sea couldn't be dangerous—and the moon certainly waned for a time, vanishing to nothing every so often. But at least the concepts were grounding. The thought of moonlight upon the waves did not send her into a dizzying spiral of old nightmares and new fears.
Messages In This Thread
RE: and all around, reminders of you are everywhere i go - by Maegi - February 04, 2021, 03:24 PM