Redhawk Caldera a blemish on your fragile little psyche
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Blueberry pressed against Vesper and the two of them moved away from her. She should have expected it, but feeling bereft took her unawares and over, and she looked askance, blinking back tears. God, they hated her. And it was her fault.

I have a lot to tell you, Maegi said, instead gazing out over the lake. About our family—and why we're here. And what it means.

Hopefully they'd listen.

My family believed in gods that. . .weren't very good. It was all about death, and killing, and darkness, she explained. I was raised in that religion. But a few of my family members took that to heart, and they hurt others. They took them prisoner. Including wolves from the Redhawks—this place.

She swallowed. It started a war. It drove us from our home. And though it was terrible, and I'll never forget it. . .we deserved it. There's bad blood between my family—the Blackfeathers, or the Melonii—and the Redhawks. Phox is a Redhawk. Mou is a Redhawk.

It was only the beginning, but perhaps it would go some way in explaining why things were so. . .well, awkward. If one or the other did not depart, she could tell them everything. 

Blueberry looked dubious, but did not show signs of leaving. That was good, then.
Messages In This Thread
a blemish on your fragile little psyche - by Maegi - October 01, 2021, 11:32 AM
RE: a blemish on your fragile little psyche - by Vesper - October 02, 2021, 03:41 PM
RE: a blemish on your fragile little psyche - by Maegi - October 08, 2021, 10:50 PM
RE: a blemish on your fragile little psyche - by Vesper - October 10, 2021, 01:23 PM
RE: a blemish on your fragile little psyche - by Maegi - October 16, 2021, 10:13 PM
RE: a blemish on your fragile little psyche - by Vesper - November 02, 2021, 08:21 PM