Dragoncrest Cliffs Sons of mine
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
943 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Sobo’s question revealed just how small his world was. The idea of abandoning the coast appeared unfathomable to the lad who only knew salt air and rolling waves. “Young men often leave their kin ta chart their own course, lad. Aegir is a braw man. Strong an’ sharp. I suppose he didna fear leavin’ tha sea to find a claim to call his own. But, I dinna ken where he ended up… he hadna sent word back to tha family. For all I know he could have ended up on another piece of beach. Tha coast stretches forever, an’ plenty of islands dot tha horizon.”

He had spotted Aegir only once in the past year. Now, his brother was like a ghost. “When I first landed on Teekon, I thought I’d live in Duskfire Glacier, but the ocean… she has a funny way of callin’ you back.”

Sobo connected the dots by way of the red locks of his siblings. Yet, Njord didn’t have the heart to say Mireille and Coraline weren’t genetically his own. The freckles on their ruddy faces were evidence enough that Merlin had been their true father. Would this white lie cause grief later in life? In Njord’s eyes all were equal sons and daughters to the seafarer. “Aye, that’s right,” he agreed.

Njord chuckled as Sobo loosed yet another question. What a mind this one had! “Maybe it has somethin’ ta do with yer destiny,” Njord suggested.

The trio would continue on their patrol. Njord would share stories with his son and point out the finer details of patrolling the territory and diplomacy. It was important to the seafarer that Sapphique's youths were prepared for the world and life ahead... and he knew he would do everything in his power to help them on their way.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Messages In This Thread
Sons of mine - by Njord - October 29, 2021, 09:45 AM
RE: Sons of mine - by Sobo - November 18, 2021, 10:18 PM
RE: Sons of mine - by Njord - November 22, 2021, 04:15 PM
RE: Sons of mine - by Sobo - November 27, 2021, 09:20 AM
RE: Sons of mine - by Njord - December 09, 2021, 04:22 PM
RE: Sons of mine - by Sobo - December 13, 2021, 10:50 PM
RE: Sons of mine - by Njord - December 28, 2021, 07:47 PM
RE: Sons of mine - by Sobo - January 01, 2022, 06:56 PM
RE: Sons of mine - by Njord - January 19, 2022, 03:42 PM
RE: Sons of mine - by Sobo - January 26, 2022, 02:30 PM
RE: Sons of mine - by Njord - February 02, 2022, 11:44 PM