Lion Head Mesa Empty rooms are honest places
Loner
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Oh, you are completely alright! Please don’t ever feel the need to apologize to me for taking your time. ^^ I’m only pleased to have a writing partner in you. <3 I’ll wait as long as I must, to get a taste of your beautiful words. *o*

The small being appeared to be full of words.

Crowfeather feared that he would not understand anything that was shared with him. He did listen, intently. There was not a sound that Gucci made that the dark wolf did not play through his mind. Once the small Neb had gotten halfway through his speech, the injured yearling had found a pleasantness to his speech. Still, he could not figure out most of what had been shared with him.

Two things could be gathered from Gucci’s telling of his home. The first was that he was fond of it, indescribably so. The tears that had gathered in the little being’s eyes had been clear enough of that. It was a feeling that Crowfeather did not know but could understand. He had dreamed many times of being born in another life, as another boy, with another family. The happy thoughts had kept his childhood filled with daydreams and those fantasies had made him lonelier, introverted, odd.

The second thing that could be deciphered from the dog’s sharing had been that he was quite good at speaking. The shadow was certain he had never heard another individual talk in such a way, seemingly endless with stories and words.

Where had they found him?

Crowfeather did not have the time to ask such a question, for Gucci wished to know of the Starsea.

Oh, well… I don’t believe it’s anything like the home you’ve described.

The dark yearling appeared thoughtful, wondering how much he should share. Anxiety bubbled inside of him as he imagined Gucci growing tired of listening to him talk. Crowfeather was a far better listener than he was a sharer.

We have certain roles in the Starsea. There is a leader, who’s name ends in star. My father became the leader of our home. Whitestar, and before that he was called Whiteclaw. There is a deputy, who is a second to the leader and will take the leader’s place once they have passed on and become a star themselves. There are warriors who defend our clan and hunt to feed those within the Starsea.

Was this was Gucci had hoped to know?

We watch after the elders, for they were once warriors. We raise the young ones to be strong, to become warriors and to defend their clan. There are two other roles. One is a medicine wolf, who is close with the Stars and can speak to them in dreams. And then there is a Seer.

The dark wolf grew warm speaking of his intended role.

That was supposed to be me, but… but not anymore. And he did not feel as though he wished to speak on it, any further.

Gucci, what- uh… what exactly are you doing here?
Messages In This Thread
Empty rooms are honest places - by Crowfeather - December 16, 2021, 05:15 PM
RE: Empty rooms are honest places - by Gucci - December 16, 2021, 06:27 PM
RE: Empty rooms are honest places - by Crowfeather - December 17, 2021, 04:05 PM
RE: Empty rooms are honest places - by Gucci - December 17, 2021, 05:28 PM
RE: Empty rooms are honest places - by Crowfeather - December 17, 2021, 11:33 PM
RE: Empty rooms are honest places - by Gucci - December 18, 2021, 09:26 AM
RE: Empty rooms are honest places - by Crowfeather - December 28, 2021, 02:10 PM
RE: Empty rooms are honest places - by Gucci - January 10, 2022, 03:49 PM
RE: Empty rooms are honest places - by Crowfeather - January 11, 2022, 03:48 PM
RE: Empty rooms are honest places - by Gucci - January 20, 2022, 11:14 AM
RE: Empty rooms are honest places - by Crowfeather - January 30, 2022, 12:43 PM