Dragoncrest Cliffs in a tidal wave of [m]ystery
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
942 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Njord’s instinct that there was more on Meerkat’s mind was correct, so he followed her words closely. At the suggestion that Duskfire was relocating far away, the seafarer’s expression tightened, but he remained steady and he didn’t interrupt. He had just found her. How could he stand to lose her? A number of solutions ran through his mind as Meerkat slipped into a lull, his blue eyes darting across her face as he searched for her intentions.

She continued on. If Meerkat was any other wolf, Njord might have felt a pit of anxiety in his stomach. However, so far, she had only given him pure and genuine affection. Even now, there was no sense of deception upon her countenance and so Njord received her words and felt secure.

I was thinking that if you feel the same way, then maybe I could stay back. Stay with you. Njord beamed and brushed his muzzle against hers. “Aye, I do feel tha same way, Meerkat,” he said. “An’ I don’t want ya to go anywhere either. I want ta be with you. Here, there, where ev’r we choose. ” He took a moment to kiss her forehead and then wrapped a paw around her leg to pull her close. He paused, taking in their predicament and savoring holding her near. “S’funny… as you were talkin’ it crossed my mind ta journey with you an’ Duskfire. Are you sure you dinna want ta stay with yer pack? You looked so ‘appy with ‘em.” It also crossed his mind that Meerkat wouldn’t be fulfilled by a coastal life in a pack with a history that outreached her own. Suddenly, he felt an urgency to expedite what would come naturally while courting. 

Njord leaned back and gestured with his head, as if to say walk with me, and began to lead her round the southern border towards the shore south of Dragoncrest, following a well-worn path.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Messages In This Thread
in a tidal wave of [m]ystery - by Meerkat - January 06, 2022, 01:27 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Njord - January 06, 2022, 05:56 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Meerkat - January 06, 2022, 06:15 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Njord - January 06, 2022, 10:16 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Meerkat - January 06, 2022, 11:29 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Njord - January 09, 2022, 05:13 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Meerkat - January 09, 2022, 08:53 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Njord - January 10, 2022, 01:06 AM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Meerkat - January 10, 2022, 10:03 AM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Njord - January 10, 2022, 05:47 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Meerkat - January 10, 2022, 06:50 PM