Dragoncrest Cliffs The ground, it started shaking
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Feel free to assume that your character was here if you wish! I'll be vague <3

She'd held an idea of what she would say and how she would begin, but she should have known better.  When they began to arrive and look at her in turn, despite the warmth of every one, any plans she had held were lost.  She used to thrive in situations like these, but it seemed now that her mind preferred to douse the lot in oil and light a match.

Swept clean as a beach after tide.  She tried to snatch at some remnant, but there was nothing, and she grew frustrated.  With that came an almost refusal.  She was too old for this -  she had nothing to prove.

I've called you to tell you I'll no longer be captain.  It's time.  There was no use avoiding what they would find out.  Some days I can't sort a thought from a seagull's shit.  But that doesn't mean I won't be here, or that I won't set a single one of you straight if need be. 

The last statement held a touch of humor, but it was quick to fade.  She would make this as easy as she could for all of them, but she was not interested in questions.  It was tempting to simply dismiss them, but after she'd drawn them together like this, that would be abrupt (even for her). 

Despite reluctantly waiting, she did not want to know, so did not study their responses with any focus.  It was done.
Messages In This Thread
The ground, it started shaking - by Rosalyn - January 10, 2022, 07:14 PM
RE: The ground, it started shaking - by Jorunn - January 10, 2022, 07:34 PM
RE: The ground, it started shaking - by Njord - January 10, 2022, 11:41 PM
RE: The ground, it started shaking - by Erzulie - January 11, 2022, 12:28 AM
RE: The ground, it started shaking - by Rosalyn - January 13, 2022, 03:43 PM
RE: The ground, it started shaking - by Jorunn - January 13, 2022, 05:10 PM
RE: The ground, it started shaking - by Sobo - January 14, 2022, 12:29 PM
RE: The ground, it started shaking - by Erzulie - January 14, 2022, 04:42 PM
RE: The ground, it started shaking - by Chacal - January 16, 2022, 12:03 PM