Redsand Canyon You've only known the ones who leave at dawn
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The shadow had not expected him to accept the compliment. Germanicus was good at remaining in-between, untethered. He said that he had been given help to create the canyon. Crowfeather could not help but think that it must have been a great deal of help, to have built something so bustling with life.

Their journey to the oasis was slow, but when the dark wolf plopped to his hindquarters and breathed a shaky sigh into the air, he was mesmerized with the beauty of the water and the green life that thrived around it. Germanicus made a seat for himself, as well. Crowfeather did what he could not to gaze upon the man, not to stare openly with doleful eyes. He did not wish to ruin it.

There is a story that my clan tells. All the clans, actually. It is about a young wolf named Nightrunner who is washed into the sea. He begs to be returned to land, but at night when the waters were smoother and the sky was like an ocean over his head, he would ask for their help. Crowfeather did not know if it was this information that Germanicus wanted, or if he had been asking about the seer directly. Regardless, the shadow felt that this would answer his question easily enough.

Three days in the water and on that night, Nightrunner saw the body of a wolf leap from the stars and plunge into the sea. It is said that the wolf of stars gripped him and pulled him to the shore. But the wolf of the stars was banished for interfering with mortal affairs. Crowfeather had always thought the story was a sad one.

Nightrunner and the wolf of stars met on the shore. He said that he would speak to the stars, to beg for their forgiveness. The wolf of stars spoke to him to say that he would have made no other choice. Nightrunner recognized the voice of the wolf of stars – his brother’s. The seer thought of Moonshadow in that moment, wondering if his own brother had found his way to the heavens.

They overcame the anger of the stars and bridged the rift between them. Nightrunner began the first clan… the Starsea. He became Nightstar, and he spoke of the wisdom of the glittering spirits. From that day on, we have always asked the stars for their help. We dream and they grant us visions as guidance. To my people, listening to the stars is the greatest treasure.

What then? The shadow looked to the firm man, melting beneath the handsome shape of his face, the dutiful glint of his eyes. Did Germanicus even know how beautiful he was? Silence stretched for a moment, filling the air between the two figures.

I hear- he choked on the words. I hear that you- Stars! A green-eyed beast scratched from within. You are married.
Messages In This Thread
RE: You've only known the ones who leave at dawn - by Crowfeather - April 08, 2022, 07:46 PM