The Tangle And an angel for my pain
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
942 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Despite his defiance, Njord listened to Chacal’s reasoning and the empty tone in her voice. That was… until she used his family as ammunition against him.

Njord was just as mortal as he was a man.

The wound of guilt and shame from his absence had only just healed. Now, to insinuate he meant to purposely abandon them again with his actions sundered it anew. It was not he who turned his back!

The father’s eyes flared. His jaw twisted and jutted as he desperately tried to bottle all the ugly words inside. Deep breaths moved his shoulders in great motions – a radiator struggling to cool its red-hot engine.

“You dare…” he seethed as he took a sharp shuffle towards her. “You don’t get tae say those things tae me.” Njord felt she had crossed a line.

He licked his dry lips.

“You’d rather tha bear follow that lassie’s trail, just as that man followed yours?” Did she genuinely think that was better? The edge of Njord’s tone turned icy, thinking about the wounds Rhaegal had incurred on her behalf.

“Have ye forgotten what happened last time?” he continued. Shardik had made mincemeat out of three of the strongest wolves to ever walk Sapphique. Now, their ranks were filled with the infirm, young, untrained, and old. Was her plan to have Njord and his family all die holding hands?

At least this way, Njord could lead the bear far away from their heart.

Apparently, a father's path was a lonely one.

He grit his teeth in a moment of clarity.

"If ye willnae let me go, then I want that woman out."
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Messages In This Thread
And an angel for my pain - by Chacal - January 16, 2023, 02:55 PM
RE: And an angel for my pain - by Njord - January 16, 2023, 05:37 PM
RE: And an angel for my pain - by Chacal - January 16, 2023, 05:55 PM
RE: And an angel for my pain - by Njord - January 16, 2023, 07:57 PM
RE: And an angel for my pain - by Chacal - January 16, 2023, 08:21 PM
RE: And an angel for my pain - by Njord - January 16, 2023, 09:24 PM
RE: And an angel for my pain - by Chacal - January 17, 2023, 12:46 AM
RE: And an angel for my pain - by Njord - January 17, 2023, 12:59 PM
RE: And an angel for my pain - by Chacal - January 17, 2023, 03:27 PM