Emberwood Lurking in the Night
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
All Welcome 
The wind blows through the snow covered aspen trees, the young cream colored she-woll sniffs the air as she attempts to pick up the scent of an injured doe that she had been hunting. Her belly rumbled with hunger and her body shaked with the cold. As she walks, Whisper sees small droplets on the once pure white snow, luck was on her side. The wind had picked up in a matter of seconds, which made finding the doe so much easier.
2 / 3 THREADS
1,022 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Guardian
Little did WhisperDawn know that the blood dotting the snow was not only from the doe, but from the wolf that had injured it as well. Wylla knew the stupidity of it, but desperation made for a strong temptress. The doe had been lying prone in a thicket of trees, taking shelter from the blustery winter storm, and the young coastal wolf had seized the opportunity.

Only it wasn't much of an opportunity at all. The doe was more alert than any prey animal had any right to be, and when Wylla's fang met its hindquarters, its hoof met her chest, leaving a fair-sized gash in the soft skin near her armpit. Doe and wolf had both left the thicket immediately after that, with Wylla hissing in pain as the wind drove blowing snow into her sensitive new wound.

She was crankier than normal when she finally realized she was striding abreast a woman who was pale enough to blend into their surroundings; when she happened to turn her head, she started when motion brought to light the outline of a fellow canid. She hadn't been there before, which could only mean that Wylla's pace was flagging. The doe was probably a lost cause as far as she was concerned. Gritting her teeth, the lone wolf chanced to call out on a whim, "seen a nice sirloin steak waltz by here recently?"
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Whisper had been so blinded by hunger, she nearly missed the wolf that had been next to her. Her ears prick up as the stranger's voice pulls the she-wolf from her trance like state. Whisper looked over at the fellow lone wolf and began to speak. "I have not." Whisper said breifly as she picked up the pace of her walk. It was very rare for her to lie but greed and hunger had forced the young she-wolf to do so. Clearly this lone wolf was hunting the very same doe that she was and Whisper couldn't quite figure out how she felt about that.
2 / 3 THREADS
1,022 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Guardian
Well, that was no good. Wylla's expression grew pinched as she peered at the white wolf through the snow, but she didn't have much time to examine her or ask anything else before WhisperDawn deliberately pulled ahead. Rude as fuck, the yearling thought with a terse frown, but that was that. She knew when she wasn't wanted, and she didn't really give a crap about the other loner either. While that often didn't stop her, the young she-wolf was nursing a minor injury, the weather was getting worse, and she wasn't going to take down a doe on her own in a gale like this. With a shrug, she veered her course and headed in a different direction, abandoning the hunt in favour of finding shelter and rest.

Wylla isn't the kind of character to stick around, so unless WhisperDawn tries to address her or stop her, this thread would naturally end here. ^^;
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Whisper watched the lone wolf and noticed that there was a slight limp in her step. Her kind nature took hold as the she-wolf spoke. "Your hurt, I can help you, if you'd like. I have a den slightly west of here." She stated as she waited for a reply.
2 / 3 THREADS
1,022 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Guardian
It took mere seconds for the other wolf to completely change her tune. Where moments before, WhisperDawn was intentionally walking faster, now she was offering help. For a wolf like Wylla, who was clever enough not to allow herself to be screwed around, it raised more red flags than anything. She whirled around, wincing as her wound tugged, and skimmed back her lips menacingly.

"You act like a total dick by speeding up and then suddenly turn around and offer help? I'm not buying whatever crap you're selling." She pitched her dark ears aggressively to the sides and emphatically said, "leave me alone," as she turned back into the gale and strode away.
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
I don't know how to end this haha so this is the best I got.

The lone female had a point. Whisper decided not to press the issue and left her alone as she walked over to her den.