Bearclaw Valley i. philosophia
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
one-post cameo

She didn't talk. That was the one thing Maegi had pieced together, about the lanky woman with pups.

Everyone else had words a-plenty, chattering here and there. They all seemed close. She'd kept to the shadows after Indra had invited her in, accepting whatever help she was offered and eating whatever scraps she could find. Even as her wound healed, and she became more lively, she still did not feel comfortable, here. It was not home. Everyone else called it home.

But the mother was different. She didn't speak, save in hushed, wordless murmurs to her babes, words she just barely caught on the wind from the den. In a way, she reminded Maegi of Relmyna, or even Shivali, with her limited grasp on the common tongue. Wolves without words had undoubtedly given her more kindness than anyone else, and for this, she felt drawn to the woman--but afraid to approach.

It was with curiosity, then, that she watched the nameless, wordless mother leave the valley, one of her pups in tow. Out of the mouth of the valley and into the wilds. As always, she lurked in the shadows, watching, waiting. . .but for what?

Home was farther away than she could comprehend, and the quiet woman seemed kind. With a confidence that wasn't altogether grounded, nor settled in her mind, Maegi rose to her feet and followed at a distance.

Wherever she went, the girl would follow. And maybe. . .just maybe. . .she would find home again.
Messages In This Thread
i. philosophia - by Reigi - May 06, 2018, 06:52 PM
RE: i. philosophia - by Indra - May 06, 2018, 08:34 PM
RE: i. philosophia - by Maegi - May 06, 2018, 09:43 PM
RE: i. philosophia - by Xan - May 11, 2018, 12:58 AM