Blackfeather Woods my legs refused to walk away
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
The birds departed--was Blue with them? Yes. . .she saw his slightly lighter plumage among the sea of black feathers, fluttering upward. She blinked, slowly, then returned her gaze to Relmyna. Her eyes widened by surprise as the Listener touched her cheek and then said something she had not expected in the least: I have always wished it to be you.

Maegi, who had abandoned the forest? Maegi, who had let her brothers go? Maegi, whose chosen god was the pestilential Peryite, rather than cool Sithis or scheming Mephala?

Why not Astara or Averna? They were of Relmyna's blood and Melonii. Surely they must rank higher in the woman's mind than Maegi?

She had so many questions, and she asked none of them. Why bother? Relmyna had spoken; she could only assume it to be true. Honesty--Relmyna had always been honest with her. Even when the truth was much more difficult than spilling a white lie. "Thank you," Maegi responded, her voice sincere. "I. . .I'll do it. But I hope I don't have to, for a long time yet."

How much time do you have?

"I'm sorry about what my--my father did to you," she whispered, again thinking of Coelacanth. Had he tortured her, too? "Tell me. . .did you see him again, after the war? Did he come back with my brothers?" He had not been with them, by the sea. She had thought then that he had returned to the woods. Obviously she knew now that was not the case.
Messages In This Thread
my legs refused to walk away - by Relmyna - October 08, 2018, 09:01 PM
RE: my legs refused to walk away - by Maegi - October 08, 2018, 09:48 PM
RE: my legs refused to walk away - by Relmyna - October 09, 2018, 10:49 AM
RE: my legs refused to walk away - by Maegi - October 10, 2018, 02:58 PM
RE: my legs refused to walk away - by Relmyna - October 10, 2018, 05:27 PM
RE: my legs refused to walk away - by Maegi - October 10, 2018, 08:18 PM
RE: my legs refused to walk away - by Relmyna - October 11, 2018, 02:41 PM
RE: my legs refused to walk away - by Maegi - October 11, 2018, 07:16 PM
RE: my legs refused to walk away - by Relmyna - October 15, 2018, 09:33 AM
RE: my legs refused to walk away - by Maegi - October 19, 2018, 10:41 PM
RE: my legs refused to walk away - by Relmyna - October 23, 2018, 11:11 PM