Stone Circle But I feel like having the slightest expectation is undeserving of me
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
All Welcome 
Set for November 3rd.

Things were... settling, perhaps was the best way to describe it. He felt uneasy in a land that was not his own, surrounded by those he did not know; it wasn’t to the point where he believed his only option was to leave, as had been the case when he’d lived previously within Blackfeather Woods, but it was strange. He had his family, his children, yet there were things missing, things he could not replace. Thus, he set out into the world beyond his new home, following familiar paths.

Alexander continued until he was on the outskirts of his sister’s claim; he’d never spent much time there, realising only now just how expansive the area was. Glancing around, he settled back on his haunches and tilted his head back, calling for @Valette.
I can give it all to you, will you take it all from me
If love is a joke, then use me ruthlessly
Threads are titled after lyrics from Block B's “Toy”
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Perking his ears to the howl that vibrated through the crisp autumn air, Greyback turned to face it before letting out his own, his voice deep and rumbling. The stranger's howl was male- he could tell that much, however, it wasn't meant for him, but rather Valette. It didn't mean he couldn't answer it.

Walking to it's direction with his hulk of a figure, Greyback peered downwards upon the meadow to see a familiar white pelt, one that rivaled Artlette. He couldn't place the name of the wolf, but remembered him as Valette's rather silent brother from Bearclaw valley. They never got to exchange many words in the past meeting, perhaps now they could.

Smiling, Greyback made his way downwards with large paws that flattered grass and a frame that parted the tallest blades. "Hello," he greeted, bowing his head slightly before looking  slightly down upon the male with his full attention, he hoped it didn't seem disrespectful, but he couldn't help his height. "You're Valette's brother, correct? I hope the new location is treating you well, how may I help you?"

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette lifted her head when she heard a howl specific to her. The female would always recognize that howl. This was her brother howling for her. Valette had recently learned that Bearclaw did not exist anymore and that they had joined Lost Creek Hollow. She had not heard this from her brother herself. Valette assumed that he came to tell her now. The female hoped that Xan was alright. They had not been close, they had never been close. But that didn't mean she would wish him ill things.

She hoped that he wouldn't take it too rough that his pack didn't make it. She wondered if the seclusion of Bearclaw also was its downfall. Not many wolves would wander close or find the entrance perhaps. She all thought about this in her trot towards the borders. As she came upon the borders she realized she was not the only one who had responded, Greyback had as well. Valette was curious as to why he had. Then again, she could imagine that Greyback was interested in her family, her littermate.

"Xan!," she greeted and offered him a soft smile and a wag of her tail. She quickly tried to scan over him to see if everything was alright. However, her brother stayed an enigma to her. "We heard from Terance you joined the Creek wolves," she spoke, unaware that Greyback had somewhat said the same. "Are you alright?," she asked, speaking more softly.

Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
It did not take long for someone to answer his call, though the first to appear was not at all who he wished to see. Rather than his sister, there came the same male from before, causing the albino’s eyes to narrow with a hint of suspicion; where was his sister? Words were spoken but they received no response back, his mind focused on why he was there and who he’d come to see; talking to those he knew nothing about in an acceptable way was something that he’d always struggled with. Perhaps that was why he chose to remain silent—

—or perhaps not. Xan was Xan, after all.

Thankfully, his sister came not too long after the male and his gaze—which he hadn’t noticed had hardened until then—softened at the sight of her. He opened his mouth to greet her, then promptly shut it once she spoke the news he’d planned to deliver. He knew not that she was familiar with the other pack, nor with their leader; he should have expected it, honestly, but such was something he never even considered putting the time in to think about.

With a shake of his head and a shrug, Alexander answered with, “It’s fine, I guess. I’m fine.” Whether or not he believed himself was something he wasn’t even that sure about. “It’s where my family decided to go, so it’s where I had to go,” was his reasoning that followed shortly after, accompanied by yet another shrug. Honestly, even though he tried to gloss over it, it did bother him. It bothered him that he’d failed, not only as a leader but as a father, too. He’d let his pack fall apart, he’d let his family slip away—and for what? He hadn’t the slightest of clues. His brow furrowed with unspoken frustrations, something similar to anger rising up from within him, though the feeling itself was actually foreign and not the least bit similar to what he was used to.

“It doesn’t matter,” he finally declared with eyes pinched shut, forcing away whatever was trying to come through. When he opened his eyes again, he continued with a change of subject: “How are you? Your family?” Better off than his own, he assumed.
I can give it all to you, will you take it all from me
If love is a joke, then use me ruthlessly
Threads are titled after lyrics from Block B's “Toy”
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Greyback stood silently, looking at the albino before him with a perplexed gaze—curious as to why the male chose to speak no words to him. Wasn't he a formal alpha, a leader to many and diplomat of the pack? Surely he would know when speaking was due, or was he just ignoring everyone that wasn't family? Greyback tightened his jaw at the thought and continued to stare at Xan was an equally hardened gaze.

It wasn't until Valette arrived that Greyback stopped staring to look at her, a smile appearing on his face and his tail tremored with a slight wag. Though he did not like Xan, he knew he could trust him around his alpha—they were siblings after all.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette slowly nodded when her brother spoke. She did notice that Greyback seemed a bit tense. She was not sure why. "I understand," she spoke to him. Though she had so many questions still. He followed his family but why did that family wanted to move? She decided that those things might be super personal and they weren't that close.

Xan then asked about her life. She nodded. "It is going alright," she spoke in return. "I am not sure if you know. But my mate vanished, so that sucked but I've been doing better. It was in the autumn. The kids are doing well. All of them. Though we did have a few hiccups with their father leaving," she admitted. "But the pack is thriving," she smiled.

She then smiled at Greyback and turned her eyes to Xan. "Greyback has been a great help," she offed. "Oh! I am mentoring Steph into leadership. She is being the current Beta of Easthollow. She is taking to her duties well," she smiled. Mostly good thinks. "How are your children? Arlette and Nunataq seem good friends by the way! Did you know?"