Ankyra Sound i shall glimpse instead the slurried red
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Rosalyn watched as Firefly left, then turned to Erzulie as she followed the conversation up with a question.  She was glad, it was good to talk about it before they went into this, and she hadn't quite known how to approach it.

She paused for a minute before answering mainly because she wanted to express exactly what it was she felt about it.  Which was hard because first she had to sort out exactly how that was.  I'm not sure.  She finally went with, though she knew she needed to explain more.

I don't care what they call him so much as what it means.  I don't know him.  Not like she did Erzulie, and not any more than any others here.  I don't want him to feel ownership, or them to rely on him.  As she said it, she felt her first real swell of protective emotion towards the children they spoke of, and though it was extremely brief it surprised her.  I don't know if I trust him with that.

They could call him father if they wanted, and they could know.  But she wouldn't have him interfere with them, or try to express his own interests as men often did.  They were she and Erzulie's first and foremost, and she would chase him off herself before she saw him hurt them in any way.
Messages In This Thread
i shall glimpse instead the slurried red - by Erzulie - January 31, 2019, 02:06 PM
RE: i shall glimpse instead the slurried red - by Rosalyn - January 31, 2019, 05:45 PM
RE: i shall glimpse instead the slurried red - by Erzulie - February 02, 2019, 02:57 PM
RE: i shall glimpse instead the slurried red - by Rosalyn - February 03, 2019, 05:31 PM
RE: i shall glimpse instead the slurried red - by Erzulie - February 07, 2019, 01:29 PM
RE: i shall glimpse instead the slurried red - by Rosalyn - February 11, 2019, 01:07 PM
RE: i shall glimpse instead the slurried red - by Erzulie - February 12, 2019, 08:40 PM
RE: i shall glimpse instead the slurried red - by Rosalyn - February 13, 2019, 06:48 PM
RE: i shall glimpse instead the slurried red - by Erzulie - February 17, 2019, 03:10 PM
RE: i shall glimpse instead the slurried red - by Rosalyn - February 17, 2019, 05:05 PM
RE: i shall glimpse instead the slurried red - by Erzulie - February 18, 2019, 03:45 PM
RE: i shall glimpse instead the slurried red - by Rosalyn - February 19, 2019, 09:36 AM