Sequoia Coast If I hear those angels singing my song, well I'll shiver
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
She'd not set foot even in the vicinity of the northern borders of Rusalka since that day.  And today, as she did so, she tasted the metallic taste of fear that was becoming so familiar.  It was the same taste she had every time they mentioned war, hidden behind a wall of anger and righteous indignation.  She was a liar, in part, with the pretense her fear was for her family; the greater part was for her alone.

She remembered the way Erzulie had looked at her as she said those words, and she closed her eyes, trembling.  i only regret it was not me who tore de t'roat from de little wretch.. Her eyes had burned into her, and Rosalyn had had nothing to say.  War would mean that she too would have to fight.  How could she fight an enemy she couldn't even face?

Coward, she cursed herself, wrinkling a lip in disdain.  She wasn't running, but was hiding that much better?  She never used to be this yellow, and if age and these past months had turned her soft, perhaps she no longer deserved the things she had.  Perhaps her wife deserved better.

Slowly, she began to walk, her lips pulled tight in a tense line.  The walk began to pick up, next a gallop, then a run, and soon she was stretching out in a line that shot north.  She would not make it to the borders, but her steps would carry her more than halfway through the field, until she would stop and face the sea as it raged below the cliffs.  There she would stop and close her eyes, willing herself to forget as she fought the panic the new what-ifs besieged her with.
aw! I'm keepin it vague but I needed a muse kick and she's always my best bet <3