Ankyra Sound know that you shall die like whores
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
The silence stretched between them, and as Erzulie looked at her, Rosalyn couldn't meet her.  When had it come to this?  In Ironsea she'd felt as though nothing could shake them, that even if everyone else turned from her Erzulie would never.  She'd been the one to bolster her when Smokestep failed them, and without that, she doubted that she would have even desired to try and lead there.  But somewhere between then and now, she felt she'd lost that.  The silence, the withheld words... she didn't know when it had started, but it had pervaded totally since Firefly agreed to elevate her.

She needed to speak first.  As Erzulie invited her to move, Rosalyn did not fall in step alongside.  Instead she remained where she was, with her head held low and her ears slicked back.  She needed to find something.

I'm sorry.  It was a start.  She did not know if she was completely responsible for whatever this was between them, but enough of the fault was hers that she figured it was the only start.  

I don't know what I did, but I've done a lot, and with some of it I'm not surprised if you don't trust me anymore.  She continued to look at the sand, digging her own paws in as her legs began to tremble.  Firefly told me that I was a coward.  That unlike you, I wasn't fit to be a mother.  I attacked him for it, but it wasn't a lie.  I'm sorry.  You deserve more.  

The last part was soft, because she knew what this was.  Even now, she was considering running - running before Erzulie could confirm that yes, she did deserve more.  She'd found what she needed in Caiaphas, in Firefly, in everyone here, and now no longer needed Rosalyn's company.  Before she left.
Messages In This Thread
know that you shall die like whores - by Erzulie - April 01, 2019, 02:23 PM
RE: know that you shall die like whores - by Rosalyn - April 01, 2019, 06:13 PM
RE: know that you shall die like whores - by Erzulie - April 05, 2019, 12:14 PM
RE: know that you shall die like whores - by Rosalyn - April 05, 2019, 12:40 PM
RE: know that you shall die like whores - by Erzulie - April 11, 2019, 06:00 PM
RE: know that you shall die like whores - by Rosalyn - April 12, 2019, 11:47 PM
RE: know that you shall die like whores - by Erzulie - April 22, 2019, 03:53 PM
RE: know that you shall die like whores - by Rosalyn - April 24, 2019, 01:22 AM
RE: know that you shall die like whores - by Erzulie - April 26, 2019, 11:40 PM
RE: know that you shall die like whores - by Rosalyn - April 29, 2019, 06:12 PM