Shadow Mountain [NaWoWriMo] house of cards
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Here, Maegi whined, reaching back to touch her belly—eerily missing any sort of laceration, healed or not. I swear, from right here, Driftwood. They must have just done a good job at putting me back together. I d-don't know what they took. She trembled all over, fear clear in her eyes as she stared back at the island man, silently pleading with him to understand.

Surely he could understand?

She leaned into his ministrations, letting herself relax a fraction. Thank you, Driftwood, she breathed. But then he spoke of Molag Bal, and the nightmares rose up again, more frightening than even the pinchers. She swallowed thickly, breath coming faster, and her gaze darted away.

A big wolf, Maegi whispered, staring toward the place where he'd kept her captive. Where he'd. . . He ripped my face open. That's why it looks like this, she hissed fiercely, swinging her head to fix Driftwood with her orange eye, her left cheek in all its twisted glory. He would have killed me if my friend hadn't come and rescued me. This is where it all happened.

Hell on earth, she reckoned. She had stared right into the Void, here, and found it preferable to Molag Bal's particular brand of torture.
Messages In This Thread
[NaWoWriMo] house of cards - by Maegi - April 07, 2019, 08:17 PM
RE: [NaWoWriMo] house of cards - by Driftwood - April 11, 2019, 03:51 AM
RE: [NaWoWriMo] house of cards - by Maegi - April 12, 2019, 12:52 PM
RE: [NaWoWriMo] house of cards - by Driftwood - May 01, 2019, 03:54 AM
RE: [NaWoWriMo] house of cards - by Maegi - May 01, 2019, 09:40 PM
RE: [NaWoWriMo] house of cards - by Driftwood - May 09, 2019, 12:47 AM
RE: [NaWoWriMo] house of cards - by Maegi - May 17, 2019, 10:26 PM
RE: [NaWoWriMo] house of cards - by Driftwood - May 29, 2019, 03:50 AM
RE: [NaWoWriMo] house of cards - by Maegi - May 29, 2019, 08:50 PM
RE: [NaWoWriMo] house of cards - by Driftwood - May 31, 2019, 03:48 AM