Ankyra Sound i ache in a language so old
feather heart
118 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
mercenary apprentice thread i.

the morning was cloudy and a bit chillier than it'd been the past couple of days but even so it didn't stop scarab from tip-toeing outside the den. the one good thing of having a lot of siblings, he's come to find, is that it's kind of easy to get lost in the mayhem and slip by. that doesn't mean, however, that his mothers hadn't noticed his 'not half as sneaky as he assumed' sneak out ( because mom's are superheroes and know everything ). even so, he didn't venture too far. the mouth of the den stays within his sights — and he checks by peering back over his shoulder at it to assure himself — he sticks his nose to the ground and snuffles at the earth, trying to decipher all the scents coming and going ...like a real mercenary would, pretending he was on the borders and guarding them from all the bad guys & gals that want to see rusalka fall ( kind of like a puppy version of cops & robbers ).
it's a quality of the gods
to see a creature with its back broken
and be unmoved —
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
One was certainly watching.  Rosalyn had begun observing as all of her children found their manners and their independence in different ways.  Some turned to the sea, others from it, and some wandered more.  Today it was Scarab who sought distraction and she shifted so that she could track his progress.

What she saw made her smile.  He was tracking something, or determining, and seemed extremely businesslike about it.  So she rose and ventured out.  It was around that time, wasn't it?

What do you smell? She asked.  Who knew what his purpose was out here; children had all manner of reasons for doing as they did.
feather heart
118 Posts
Ooc —
a sheepish expression crosses scarab's face as rosalyn's voice breaks through his concentration and he peers over his shoulder with a small wag of his tail. for a moment, it shifts to something akin to embarrassment as he realizes that he wasn't half as stealthy as he liked to pretend and because he'd been caught pretending. uhm, a small, childish giggle leaves scarab as he turns to face his mother in full. i was ...pretendin'. he admits and his ears flutter back to rest at half mast atop his skull as he suddenly and determinedly makes up his mind about something. i wanna patrol! he tells her directly, thinking, after the fact, that perhaps he should've asked in lieu of demanding.
it's a quality of the gods
to see a creature with its back broken
and be unmoved —
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
i hope you don't mind a little slow <3 if you do feel free to wrap this at any point! We can always have more!

Is that right?  Rosalyn straightened, but rather than chiding, her lips curled with amusement at his tone.  She approved of her children finding their place in this world.  We can go on a patrol.  But not before you show me what you can do if we run into trouble.  She bent into a bow, turned slightly askance, and very clearly invited him to make the first move.