Mudminnow River good lord, show me the way
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
This old argument, again. You think— she tried to butt in, but Flicker kept on going. Crazy?! Talk about pot and kettle. And then she threw the barb about Ramsay her way, and it was all Maegi could do not to launch herself at the woman's throat right then and there.

Nothing stopped her but the children. Not diplomacy, not manners, not any sort of extraordinary foresight for actions and consequences. Nothing but the knowledge that Anansi and Sakhmet needed her back to them, safe and soon.

You're the piece of shit, Maegi retorted, ignoring the apology. My brother has more class and honor in one paw than you ever will as a whole. She let that sit for a moment, then continued. You're right—you are selfish. And by the way, you don't have to keep bringing up me leaving the forest last winter. . .I've punished myself enough for that already.

She shook her head slowly, exasperated. How had it come to this? Once she'd thought they could be best of friends—that Flicker could be among her closest allies, like Cassiopeia and Moonshadow. It couldn't be any more different than that, where they stood now.

Best case scenario is I never see you again, she said, voice returning to its iciness of before. I hope you can live with the choices you've made. Fucking friends over isn't exactly the life I'd choose for myself, but. . . Her mouth curved in a smile without warmth. Guess that's just me. Crazy Melonii.

If the woman was done, Maegi would turn to leave. She had a feeling, though, that this might not yet be over.
Messages In This Thread
good lord, show me the way - by Maegi - September 09, 2019, 09:06 AM
RE: oh, lord, show me the way - by Flicker - September 09, 2019, 11:49 AM
RE: oh, lord, show me the way - by Maegi - September 10, 2019, 11:27 AM
RE: oh, lord, show me the way - by Flicker - September 10, 2019, 11:35 AM
RE: oh, lord, show me the way - by Maegi - September 10, 2019, 11:43 AM
RE: oh, lord, show me the way - by Flicker - September 10, 2019, 01:22 PM
RE: oh, lord, show me the way - by Maegi - September 10, 2019, 03:53 PM
RE: oh, lord, show me the way - by Flicker - September 10, 2019, 04:09 PM
RE: oh, lord, show me the way - by Maegi - September 11, 2019, 12:17 PM
RE: good lord, show me the way - by Flicker - September 11, 2019, 03:04 PM
RE: good lord, show me the way - by Maegi - September 11, 2019, 07:38 PM