Blacktail Deer Plateau weld the gates to heaven shut
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
She considered Erzulie's question, and in the end, she did not fully answer it.  It wasn't that she wished to lie, or even to avoid the conversation.  There were things in herself that went unadressed, and before she opened them up to others, she needed to first look upon them alone.  When was the last time anything had inspired the feeling she spoke of?  She couldn't recall.

Up to this point, everything for the pirate had been a chase.  She'd had goals to strive for and those distant ambitions had led much of the fire to her way.  When she'd tossed those aside, she'd not bothered to find new stars to guide herself, and therefore had left her own ship unintentionally adrift.  She had no heading anymore.

When I was looking for you, I found a child.  She was blind, and I allowed her to follow until she found a caretaker to go with.  I do not know where she was from, but if we wished to join anyone, theirs might be a place.  She didn't pause long there, because she knew how she felt the moment she was saying it.  But, honestly... I don't know that I want to join anyone.  At every turn they'd been disappointed, and it was too much to expect other strangers to be more suited to the task.  They were forever finding wolves more suited to their own priorities, their own families.  At least, on their own, they knew they could count on their own survival being paramount.

I will scout.  Perhaps we could go together, sometime.  It would be good to spend some time, and to talk about what they wanted in a new home.  Even if that decision seemed too hard of one to formulate now, she wondered if perhaps that would pass.  She just needed some time.
Messages In This Thread
weld the gates to heaven shut - by Erzulie - December 05, 2019, 11:40 AM
RE: weld the gates to heaven shut - by Rosalyn - December 05, 2019, 02:01 PM
RE: weld the gates to heaven shut - by Erzulie - December 07, 2019, 11:40 AM
RE: weld the gates to heaven shut - by Rosalyn - December 08, 2019, 02:34 AM
RE: weld the gates to heaven shut - by Erzulie - December 08, 2019, 11:54 AM
RE: weld the gates to heaven shut - by Rosalyn - December 08, 2019, 09:01 PM
RE: weld the gates to heaven shut - by Erzulie - December 12, 2019, 01:17 PM
RE: weld the gates to heaven shut - by Rosalyn - December 12, 2019, 02:14 PM
RE: weld the gates to heaven shut - by Erzulie - December 14, 2019, 11:04 AM
RE: weld the gates to heaven shut - by Rosalyn - December 14, 2019, 02:27 PM
RE: weld the gates to heaven shut - by Erzulie - December 23, 2019, 07:11 PM