Seaside Moors around your soft neck
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
It wasn't fair that every year seemed to dissolve into strife.  Maybe it was foolish to seek that their children stay, but was a goodbye too much to ask?  And to have Nieve, of all, leave without it.... and Raleska, who had been here from the start.  It boded ill, and Rosalyn felt a nausea that for once had nothing to do with the life she carried.

She breathed out, trying to steady.  I wish I could go, she said, but she knew better.  Neither she nor Erzulie could leave, not with their numbers so few and the children so young.  And she especially.  But you are right.  As usual. At that she smiled, a little more genuine.  There was nothing she could do to fill the hole left ragged, but as long as they were together, they'd continue.

They are growing quickly, she remarked, glad to move on to an easier subject.  And just like that, thinking of the children they still had, she felt a throb of guilt over the thought she'd had only a moment before.  Her moods seemed to change swifter now, and it was hard to tell what might set them off.  I'm looking forward to the day when we can take them to the shore.  And soon, they'll have company.  There was a hesitant apology in her tone, and she gave Erzulie a swift touch to the cheek back before turning to peer at her flank.  Perhaps not much, though.  I do not feel as many.
Messages In This Thread
around your soft neck - by Erzulie - May 15, 2020, 05:28 PM
RE: around your soft neck - by Rosalyn - May 15, 2020, 06:42 PM
RE: around your soft neck - by Erzulie - May 15, 2020, 09:41 PM
RE: around your soft neck - by Rosalyn - May 15, 2020, 10:34 PM
RE: around your soft neck - by Erzulie - May 18, 2020, 02:15 PM
RE: around your soft neck - by Rosalyn - May 19, 2020, 02:53 PM
RE: around your soft neck - by Erzulie - May 24, 2020, 07:28 PM
RE: around your soft neck - by Rosalyn - May 25, 2020, 06:57 PM
RE: around your soft neck - by Erzulie - June 14, 2020, 01:32 AM
RE: around your soft neck - by Rosalyn - July 12, 2020, 12:05 AM
RE: around your soft neck - by Erzulie - July 12, 2020, 02:10 AM