Ravensblood Forest Will You Hold the Line?
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
Please let @Hieronymous post first! looking for @Donovan Azura ( @Ulysses as a back up tag it's for donovan but spaces don't work in tagging your name since there's other characters with just the first name) or other members of the saints

Hua's warning had been heard, though what truth laid behind her words was yet to be confirmed. The forming group in question was not unfamiliar, Hieronymous had informed her before of one of their members seeking Kaistleoki's leadership, unfortunately at a time when she was unable to meet these wolves for herself. Knowing that a ruthless group was forming nearby was troubling and the Count couldn't help but hope that she had been fed lies, but it would be irresponsible of her to not ensure her packs safety by investigating herself.

Ira had discussed the matters with her Constable and the two agreed that they would travel together. The new mother left her children under the care of @Speedy knowing fair well that they would be fine under the watchful eyes of their Physician and her mate. It was her hope that this encounter would be peaceful, but she could never be too safe. If they were truly mad there was no reasoning that could explain their actions. If her suspicions were confirmed...well that would be an issue to deal with on another day.

The Count made the trip upriver until a tall forest appeared on the horizon. The trees were unlike most she had seen in her life, but even from the edges, she could see the running sap that clung to the bark's surface. Everything so far met the description she had been provided with and given their interest in her own pack...their leader should be willing to see her. The scent marks were weak, likely from a lack of members, but it was enough to show that some had been keeping the territory presently marked.

Perhaps that was a good sign, if they were dangerous they were still low in numbers. She could handle that, it gave them time. Ira glanced to the painted knight at her side, both careful to avoid the invisible line even with Hiero's disability before the Count tipped her head back to call for the wolf-dog leader she had heard so much about.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
It seemed that today would be the day that Ira decided to give their neighbors a little visit, the same pack of which that the female who had come to their borders weeks prior requesting to speak with their leaders in the chance of forming some kind of alliance. Hieronymous was simply a knight before with no real pull in the pack, but now, he was a Constable. With enough respect bought with his time in Kaistleoki that Ira had asked for his company during the trip.

They didn't know much about this pack, who they were, other than what was told to Ira by another supposed leader. Expect the worst, hope for the best, he thought to himself. At least he was here by Ira's side should things turn for the worst, but he wasn't hoping for a fight. 

As they walked, he remained close enough to Ira so that she may take the lead. They sought a pack, one of which he didn't want to even accidentally cross their borders, surely that alone would be enough to set them off and so, he let his peripherals keep an eye on the roan woman while he on the other than would make use of this trip by memorizing trails and landscapes so he may travel further beyond the river's borders safely. Now that he had more responsibilities in the pack, he shouldn't be out getting lost again. 

Once Ira stopped, he imagined this would be the outskirts of the new pack's territory. His heart raced, anticipating a group of them (not being able to smell how many were actually present after all). Keeping a calm facade as his eyes remained focused on the movement around them, Ira would be their nose while he, their eyes.
New Threads: closed, he's dead, let him rest
Companion: Hiero can be seen with a grizzly bear as a companion in most of his threads! His name is Dakota
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Bones crack and splinter beneath the behemoths dangerous jaws and blood runs along his chin and lips, staining his pearly whites a dull red, almost pink color. The male lies on his side in the massive den the Saints call their own consuming his most recent kill, an unfortunate hare that nearly took out his eye. Nearly halfway through the hearty game, a far away howl breaches the silence. His head remained cranes over his meal yet calculating coin-gold hues flick up onto the horizon. Thick ears point stiffly forward and his brows pinch together wondering who could be calling them. Languidly, he stands starting at a brisk, yet easy trot towards the southern borders.

Through the slivers of thick tree trunks, he can see two figures as he grows closer. Slowing his speed to a casual walk now, the sequoias finally space out enough to reveal the wolf-dog’s form to them. The light that bounces off of his unique coat and the muscles beneath bunch and relax as he walks up to them. Paws finally plant himself in place when he reaches a comfortable fifteen feet away.

The white spots that act as brows relax and his previously neutral face easily contorts into something else. His golden orbs dance with his usual undying curiosity and the smirk that forms on his handsome face is casual, yet mysterious all together. He bears himself before them, head held high and shoulders squared, unafraid of the two that call him this day.

So as his eyes shameless rake over the two before him, they ultimately settle on the females eyes. “You called?” Is all he says.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The Count waits, careful to not grow too relaxed along the borders. Perhaps elsewhere or under different circumstances, she would have taken a seat, but not now. The river wolves would not have to wait long for a male to appear, strange in pattern, his tail betraying him as not a full wolf. Something about him, the way he displayed himself despite a small following led her to believe that this was the man Hua had warned her of. Admittedly, she expected a wolf-dog mix to be much smaller, but he rivaled her in size, perhaps closer to her father's.

Luckily, Ira had always been a master of holding a stoney expression. She felt the male's eyes as they landed on her, a simple response given to their summoning. She couldn't show what they potentially knew, she had to be careful. The roan woman tipped her head up to show her own status before responding, I have heard of your group. I assume you are the leader here? One of your wolves came to my borders, I felt it necessary to investigate given your proximity to my land.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Their patience rewards them as a man approaches quickly enough from within the forest. He was strange, but that was the pot calling the kettle black in Hieronymous' case, donning his own unique coat - though there was one more thing to take note of, was the man's tail. He was not a full wolf and that alone was quite curious enough. Keeping his thoughts to himself, Hieronymous wouldn't dare to expose his internal monologue and questions in regard to this individual through facial expressions.

He was an open book to those he trusts, but he knew how to keep face in moments like these. He remains neutral in expression, watching the man and listening to the conversation at hand quite carefully. The tone of his voice, and the way he carried himself. The Constable squared himself off as well, clearly unafraid or even apprehensive in the presence of this man. 

Ira must have heard more of this group than Hiero had during his meeting with the woman at Kaistleoki's borders, and so, he was here simply as support. Even though he studies the other man, the piebald knight's eyes still wander the woods around them, careful in keeping his attention on their surroundings should more come to answer the call too.
Companion: Hiero can be seen with a grizzly bear as a companion in most of his threads! His name is Dakota
Saints Of The Dying Light
Banned
131 Posts
Ooc —
Nem has permission to be in any threads Donovan is in. 

There is a commotion at the border, rousing Nem from the opossum she was stalking. Curious, she slipped effortlessly through the trees, her dark tones blending with the shadows. 
She is the image of a future queen- not a hair out of place, cold, calculating eyes scanning the assembly before her as she steps out of the darkness, body held elegantly poised. 
At first, there is an icy condescension in her gaze, thinking this may be the strange shewolf who she smelt on Donovan's pelt. But no, this one smelt like the lands she had tried to establish a relationship with. With an unsettling effortlessness her expression rearranges, trying to disguise the disdain for the pathetic mutt slinking about behind the shewolf. 
"Pardon my interruption," she purrs, rubbing her length along Donovan's side posessively. "I was curious what the commotion was about. Name's Nemisis. And you are?" She curls her lip and stares at the shewolf expectantly. It was, after all, rude to show up at one's borders without so much as an introduction, and demand information.
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
The rustling of brush behind Donovan has his ears swiveling backwards and his head doing the same. Or he is about to turn his head when his partner in crime’s sultry voice meets his ears. His smirk only widens when she makes a show of pressing herself along his muscled form seductively. He can’t help the gleam of teeth as he sets his eyes upon his deadly queen, the Overseer. He knows the sweetness in her voice is only a ruse, yet it makes him chuckle lowly despite himself. 

“Yes, pardon yourself, dear.” He hums to Nemisis almost comically, his tone teasingly sweet. “It seems you’re just in time for introductions.”

Then as he notices the curl of her lips at the merled male behind Ira. He rolls his eyes comically and nods his chin to Hieronymous. “Don’t mind her, she can’t stand mutts.” He chuckles, vicious fangs gleaming. He laughs even though the jab is set towards himself as well.

Going back to Ira’s first statement his smirk grows with an conniving, “Only good I hope.” to accompany it. “Anyhow.” Back to business. “Yes, my partner was the first to go to your borders in an attempt to reach your pack. I don’t blame you for coming to investigate. Good to know your neighbors, no?”

Over time his smirk fades and his expression become neutral, casual once more. “We wished to meet with the leaders, but it seems she went at a bad time.”
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
And spot someone approaching he did, the same woman who had come to their borders before. That's her. He says in a hushed tone toward Ira only in order to point out the border-visitor as she approached. Then almost immediately the 'meeting' grew sour as far as Hieronymous was concerned. The woman immediately began glaring and showing signs of aggression, ignorantly asking who their visitors are despite Hieronymous being certain he was hard to forget considering his own unique coloring. 

Then the man spoke, eyeing Hiero himself while speaking of 'mutts' as if the woman's sneers were toward him and not obviously Ira - as far as Hieronymous was concerned, the alliance between Kaislteoki and this budding pack was off the table as of right now. Unfortunately, it wasn't his decision, and fortunately, Ira is the Count and so, instead of muttering out loud about how love must be blind in a snarky remark over her "lover" being an obvious mutt himself, but the Constable kept his gullet shut for Ira's sake. He was certain she wanted to see if the rumours were true and probably wouldn't leave until she was satisfied with an answer of sorts.

What a way to greet the leader you were just trying to seek out, he thought. Side-eyeing Ira to see if he could figure out what she might be thinking of all this herself. Nevertheless, the painted man never cracked a smile or his neutral facade in order to keep it all professional at the surface level. My name is Hieronymous, Constable of Kaistleoki. Your partner met with me and I recited the meeting between us back to the Count herself. Making it clear that no one did in fact need to speak with Ira directly until it was a good time to do so as he was a good middle man for the time.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Before the roan warrior was given an answer another slinked from the shadows. Ira could feel her Constable draw near in a hushed tone to point her out as the visitor from before. A woman of mottled browns and cold eyes, she also matched the description given to her. If there was any doubt the words that cut from her lips only solidified Hua's story. It was funny how one seeking good relations was so quick to lash like a snake, perhaps it was because both were truly cobras.

The words did not bother her though, Ira had heard far worse in her life to worry now about a stranger attempting to flex over her.  Ira would have responded to the woman, but the man spoke again trying to clear the water. Did he find it funny? Hostility was never a joke, let alone when you want to make good impressions and so far hers was horrible. Only the words from your own mouth. I have more important matters than tending to the borders day and night, those I trust handle it for me. My apologizes for not showing sooner, though news of a new pack can be promising so it was worth finding the time.

Her words were smooth, hopefully appeasing. After all, her goal was to not piss them off, perhaps learn their true motives, any removal could come later if it became a concern. Hieronymous introduced himself before gesturing to her to which she gave a nod, I am the leader of Kaistleoki, though a council aids me. Hieronymous is my second in command. She gestured with her tail once more to the painted man at her side, hoping he too had not taken the woman's words to heart, but she was already aware of his ability to hold a poker face as well. If you don't mind talking business, I take it this is where you have decided to settle? You saught an alliance or good relations with us, but I never accept first offers. I hope this was not an offense to you, you want to truly know your allies, yes?
Banned
131 Posts
Ooc —
Her expression smooths as Donovan attempts to smooth things over, and she decides to ignore the mutt alltogether, rather than try unsuccessfully to hide her disdain. 
Ah. This was about the the Alliance. 
Smoothly she steps forward, grace and elegance in every muscle movement, and steals the limelight from her partner. 
"I apologise for my hostility," She uttered, a layer of saccarine falsity over her voice. She genuinely did want this Alliance- it wasn't her fault that her nature was a bit...off putting. "It's a large forest to guard with only a handful of wolves to do so. I'm naturally a bit guarded. We've already been met with some hostility by the wolves on the coast that seem to think they own every length of beach." There is obvious disdain for Hüa in her voice- it wasn't as though one abandoned sea lion pup would lead the whole pack to starvation. She offers an apology and Nemisis' eyes gleam.
"Oh, not a worry. We wanted to be sure we weren't stepping on anyone's toes setting up here. We have big plans for this place." 
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Donovan is pleasantly surprised by smooth seriousness of her comeback. Donovan nods with her words, agreeing with them. Then finally he’s the last to introduce himself. “Donovan Azura of the Abbey.” He says finally. Then seconds what Nemisis says. “Yes, it seems fate has destined us to be enemies with the pack north of us. For at first it wasn’t intentional. Now we accept it, just as we do anything else.”

He steps forward voice strong. “I do not expect us to become allies at first glance, it would be naive to trust someone so willingly. Though where you might think Nemisis is too rude and perceive me unable to take matters seriously, if a pack that meets us gets offended by our display of confidence, gets hurt by mere words, and cannot see the bigger picture of good relations because of those things. They are not worthy of an alliance with the Saints.” Tilting his chin up to Ira he continues. “You stood fair through both our evident attitudes and continue to stay professional and open minded. You would be worth an alliance with the Saints. We would be a worthy asset in times of war and hold any alliance we have seriously, treating them as our own.” 

The male swishes his curled tail and grins. “We’re both previously from packs with a savage history, but we aren’t unreasonable — sometimes. If you are bothered by our ways then perhaps it will be in you to judge the relationship of our packs.”
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Excuses. That's all he was hearing now from them, excuses for their attitudes, and everything else the man or woman would say sounded more so like they were talking in order to tell Ira what she might want to hear. Maybe he was just bitter by it all and he was simply speculating at this point, he'd have to talk with Ira after this to confirm his suspicions or theories, for now, he'd try his best to remain as calm as possible. Ira was inspiring and so beautiful in the power she held, the pride and elegance she exuded, he'd be damned to stain that poise of hers. 

Once again he held his tongue. Confidence and cockiness were two completely different things, and Hiero was sure if he had met this man anywhere near Kaistleoki than he did today, he too would be put off by his attitude. Respecting other packs and their space was key to keeping good relations in the wilds, even Hieronymous was aware of it with his constant accidental trespassing. It wasn't worth pissing the world off, it only made for short lifespans. 

The man pandered to them both with backhanded compliments, as if it was worth any of their times to be "tested" through attitudes and questionable decisions as if any of that would make it worthwhile to ally themselves with individuals like these. Hiero's gaze did not soften at these strange compliments. The man was even so bold as to casually toss around the idea of war, even if he was bolstering their prowess and abilities - such an apathetic way to use the idea of war and the careless way he described their history as savage was offputting to the Constable. 

For now, he glanced back over to Ira again, this time, wondering if she had had enough here as he did and was ready with a decision.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Looks like maybe one last round to wrap this up? my next post will probably be my last? Depends on how this goes lol

The woman, Nemisis as she said, was quick to give an apology, perhaps realizing her own mistake though her tone did not escape the Count. From her words, Ira could only assume she was referring to Hua and her people as they lived on some island nearby. Funny how they wanted to avoid stepping on toes, yet every action they offered or she had heard of suggested otherwise. She wanted to ask just what exactly it was they were planning to do, but the man spoke again, this time offering a name.

It was confirmed then, so far the facts lined up, but Donovan wasn't done talking so she'd remain silent giving himself the chance to brag and boast about his ego. At the very least, he seemed to agree that allies took time to build trust, but everything else seemed to contradict any good reason to consider the man's words. The Count had done more than a fair share of dipping into public relations and rudeness was not something she took lightly. If this is truly how the half-wolf planned to lead, he would surely fail, or at the very least gain no friends.

Luckily, her facade held through as he considered her "worthy" of his own. Worthy of savages. All the man seemed to offer was blood and war, it was just as Hua feared. His presence seemed to only plague the lands surrounding. It disgusted her and the honor she had been raised on, but Ira refused to let it show. She wouldn't let them win. What exactly is it that you seek to achieve here? What are the values of your pack? The packs of this land are peaceful when respected. Do you foresee a war in which a relationship like this is necessary? It wouldn't matter anyway, she didn't need his strength. The roan warrior had spent years of her life building her own and now the Empire was on the rise only aiding to what little needs she might have.

The Count caught her partner's gaze from the side. He too remained neutral, though he offered none of his own thoughts. Perhaps there was no way to word them without disturbing these two. Ira would have to inquire later, they still had much to do before returning home. Ira had heard enough though, she was sure Hua had not lied to her. It only left her final question, what exactly were they doing here...
Banned
131 Posts
Ooc —
It was Nemisis' chance to speak again, her words as slippery as a leech. 
"Peace is subjective." She answered flatly. "What is peaceful to the spider is chaos to the poor insect that happens to get ensnared." A smirk at the boring niceity of naieve packs that went about letting anyone in. 
"We both have our family traditions we plan to continue. Essentially, we are a family, or will be," she lied smoothly. "Each honing it's strength and giving it to the pack." 
She had no intention of war, and she was certain neither did Donovan. There was only one wolf she wanted dead above all others. The bitch on the beach. One day, it would be her fangs that ripped the life from her pathetic throat. 
"War happens whether you want it to or not. But as of this point....we are only doing what comes naturally to us." 
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Donovan again, agrees with the she-wolf beside him, but does not turn a blind eye to Ira’s respectful questioning. 

“We want to rebuild what we lost. Just like you, I’m sure you have certain standards to meet, as do we. Just because our pack is more aggressive, or territorial doesn’t mean we can’t be a worthy ally. It doesn’t mean we’re unreasonable. We are capable of being peaceful just like the rest of you lot. All that we ask is the same that you or anyone else asks — respect. We just don’t do it in the form an obedient curtsy like you. We’re stern and abide by our own rules and freedoms. If one cannot see that, then they are unworthy of an alliance.” He says the words with a prideful sternness to his voice, not to be mistaken for attitude. “If you wish not to ally with us then you will remain neutral until a problem raises. Simple.”
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
permission to skip hiero they will both be departing here!

Once more the woman spoke with cryptic undertones, something she couldn't help but think was an attempt to tease their wicked ways. A smirk found its way to her maw as she spoke of rebuilding a family and shortly after an answer to her question. They might not "seek" war, but they will do what comes naturally. There was no doubt in Ira's mind that these were all faces to appease her, but what pack was not a family at the core? It seemed suspicious. 

Donovan offered the same answers, words to try and ease her, to compare themselves to her own life and past, but the wolf-dog was much more willing to let their aggressive tendencies slip. They sought "respect", though the word seemed to have a different definition for the Saints. Ira had a hunch here respect referred to submission. At the very least, turning down his offer left them on neutral grounds. There would be no declaration of war at their refusal unless that too was a lie.

The Count rolled her shoulders as she straightened once more, Very well. It sounds to me that our interests clash. In Kaistleoki we do not throw around our power, instead, it is used to teach others. Respect comes through action, it must be earned. One can not demand it from others. If that puts us on neutral ground then we shall accept that with our departure. After all, Kaistleoki wanted nothing to do with future drama. Even if they for some reason aligned with the Saints, it would bring the frustrations and anger of other packs such as Yuelong.

Farewell, Donovan of the Abbey. She'd offer a simple nod before turning towards the mountains. There was one last stop they must make before returning home. As Hieronymous followed, the Count would cast a final glance back to the two before turning her back for good.
Banned
131 Posts
Ooc —
Every word that came out of the shewolf's mouth was some preachy, holier than Thou bullshit. 
Nemisis had to bite back a gag at the rediculusness of it. 
It was no surprise that they chose to leave, Nemisis lip twitching in a barely controlled rage as they did. Not caring if they were in earshot or not, she turned to Donovan and snarled, 
"Stuck up bitch. Can you believe that? The nerve to come here dragging that idiotic mongrel behind her! And then to try to Judge our way of life, just because we aren't some weak-willed prissy..." She paced, irritated and half crazed ranting, every muscle screaming to chase the bitch down. 
"I should rip their fucking tails off...keep them as trophies...." 
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Sincerely unsurprised by her pretty words he chuckles lowly, shaking his head loosely in disappointment. “Very well. Goodbye Ira, Hieronymous.”

He watches them leave. So typical of a pack like them to turn a blind eye on them just because they view the world a little bit rawer than everyone else. Ultimately, his words were true in the end and if they don’t believe him, so be it. Having suspicions is smart, yet they’re minds are closed to a different way of life. Instead they find a pack that hold different views and shuns them. Oh well. Their loss.

As Donovan’s eyes follows their retreating forms, Nemisis is quick to whisper back to him what she really thinks. He doesn’t disagree with her but, he wouldn’t go as far as to say the exact words she says bitterly into his ear.

Donovan as calm as usual smirks and shakes his head to Nemisis this time and snickers. “It is typical of a pack like them. We’re different; too different for them to properly wrap their minds around I suppose. They’re close minded and unwilling to understand our way of life and what we offer. Let them burn then, dear. Or at least we stay out of their business.”

Turning to Nemisis he nudges her with his nose and begins walking to the forest. “Come dear. We have other shit to occupy ourselves with.”