Seaside Moors Longs for sun and lays in the dark
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
She'd been so angry when Erzulie had told her why the girl had disappeared.  An anger that was cemented in hurt; one by one, her children had left, all of them choosing to disappear rather than tell her.  Of all she'd expected it from, Raleska had cut the most.  She'd been a mentor, and the girl's confidence was something she'd tended with care.  So why, when it came down to it, had she chosen to run?

Even now she felt the sting of it, seeing her there.  Since returning she'd still been absent, and Rosalyn felt a new hesitance around the ground upon which they stood.  Was she still needed, or had she become a warden, chasing a girl who had already moved past what she could give?

It was time to find out.  She stopped, regarding Raleska carefully, and sensing something she couldn't quite put a paw on yet.  Last year, when we spoke, you said that you might want children someday.  She began, voice quiet.  I will easily be their mother, but I need to know why.  I don't know why you didn't come to me from the start, but now... please.  Talk to me.

Something in Raleska had shifted this past year.  Rosalyn didn't expect that she would learn all of it, but she needed some measure.  Some assurance that Raleska wasn't simply hiding from these children - and would not regret her actions terribly when the need for avoidance passed.
Messages In This Thread
Longs for sun and lays in the dark - by Rosalyn - July 14, 2020, 08:03 PM
RE: Longs for sun and lays in the dark - by Raleska - July 14, 2020, 08:07 PM
RE: Longs for sun and lays in the dark - by Rosalyn - July 19, 2020, 01:10 PM
RE: Longs for sun and lays in the dark - by Raleska - July 23, 2020, 06:20 PM
RE: Longs for sun and lays in the dark - by Rosalyn - July 28, 2020, 03:54 PM
RE: Longs for sun and lays in the dark - by Raleska - August 09, 2020, 04:20 PM
RE: Longs for sun and lays in the dark - by Rosalyn - August 12, 2020, 11:11 AM
RE: Longs for sun and lays in the dark - by Raleska - August 17, 2020, 01:50 PM
RE: Longs for sun and lays in the dark - by Rosalyn - August 25, 2020, 11:28 AM
RE: Longs for sun and lays in the dark - by Raleska - August 29, 2020, 01:23 PM
RE: Longs for sun and lays in the dark - by Rosalyn - September 03, 2020, 06:26 PM