Blackfeather Woods a distant ship smoke on the horizon
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Stay away, my father told me, she recalled, after he'd nodded. He was right. That didn't stop me from ignoring him. I'd probably still ignore him now.

But she preferred poppies. There were too many awful side effects associated with that tree, too many to make anything marvelous not worth the while. Poppies were safe.

Well. . .to a point. But she hadn't died yet.

She sank to the forest floor, sprawling out upon her side. Come lay with me, she invited, smiling up at him. It was seldom that the ungrinning side of her mouth matched the wide cut of her scar—but it did now. He brought it out in her. Poppies and Mou.

Do you miss the island? Maegi asked, trying to remember the gentle murmur of waves against the shore.
Messages In This Thread
a distant ship smoke on the horizon - by Maegi - November 12, 2020, 12:38 PM
RE: a distant ship smoke on the horizon - by Maegi - November 17, 2020, 11:58 AM
RE: a distant ship smoke on the horizon - by Maegi - November 19, 2020, 02:32 PM
RE: a distant ship smoke on the horizon - by Maegi - November 27, 2020, 12:17 PM
RE: a distant ship smoke on the horizon - by Maegi - December 10, 2020, 01:10 PM
RE: a distant ship smoke on the horizon - by Maegi - December 15, 2020, 02:39 PM
RE: a distant ship smoke on the horizon - by Maegi - January 08, 2021, 10:37 AM