Wheeling Gull Isle when i was a child, i caught a fleeting glimpse
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
So that was one mystery solved—unless the woman was lying, of course. But there was no reason to think so, and the name 'Thresher' chased any doubt from her mind. Maegi smiled softly in remembrance of the girl, born not too long after she'd arrived on the island. She wished the Corten had stayed. Evidently, none of them had.

Thank you, she replied, still worrying over the Undersea wolves. They stood at foreign borders, now—but she already felt the peace and calm of the island coming over her. It was something she craved in her darkest days, something missing even in her most favorite of places in Blackfeather Woods.

The island may have changed hands, but the island itself had not changed a bit.

Maegi glanced at Titmouse, wondering if he would say anything. Since they'd met, she'd been the talker, owing to his ruined throat. Even with his speech somewhat retained, she still spoke much more. But he deserved to ask any questions he may have, or voice concerns—

Should they stay? Should they go—but where? 

No other place beyond Blackfeather was as much a home to them.
Messages In This Thread
when i was a child, i caught a fleeting glimpse - by Maegi - November 20, 2020, 12:15 PM
RE: when i was a child, i caught a fleeting glimpse - by Maegi - November 23, 2020, 08:30 PM