Wheeling Gull Isle and all around, reminders of you are everywhere i go
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
congratulations, you win post #1400!

She hadn't expected him to know the languages. Maybe the northern tongue, but Daedric? That was a longshot, and frankly, she'd be a little disturbed if he did know it. For if so, he had likely learned it from a Melonii—and she wanted to put as much distance between herself and the bulk of her family as possible.

Maegi's ears shifted forward, catching each word of the tale of Yuèlóng. What had happened to the rest of the alpha female's family? All she knew of were a child or two; the rest, gone. She sucked in a breath, feeling a pang in her chest as she found sudden kinship with Huā. She knew what it was like to remain behind. To be left behind.

Despite the sorrowful look that might have briefly graced her countenance, she shook her head. Not painful at all, Maegi assured him. This place was good to me. Has always been good to me. I healed here. I found a new life here. I met my husband here. I owe so much to the island.

And with that said— We're not going anywhere, she concluded, lips lifting in a genuine smile.

(At least, not planning on going anywhere) — but she kept that intrusive thought at bay, forging on with, I imagine you plan to stay, too?
Messages In This Thread
RE: and all around, reminders of you are everywhere i go - by Maegi - February 09, 2021, 12:45 PM