Dragoncrest Cliffs Wish I May, Wish I Might
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
He looked insulted, but Rosalyn didn't waver in her cool appraisal of him, and the slight amusement remained. She didn't care much for his ego or if she bothered him by asking. She only cared about the answer and whether she believed him to be honest about it.

She did. He was too earnest for her not to, and too young for her to think he was willfully lying. Whether his attention span was enough... that, only time would tell. But she relaxed, allowing her smile to grow, albeit a bit tightly.

You'd be surprised. She answered drolly. Erzulie and I have chosen a few men these past few years. All have expressed interest in being a father. Not a single one has remained to know their children. There was a harsh glint when she thought of it. She'd forgiven Rosencrantz, in a way where it still hurt to think of it, but that didn't mean she thought well of the actions he'd taken at the time.

If you did not intend to remain, I'd prefer to know it now. Before they begin to know you. It was easier for them, she felt, to never know a father if such a figure wished to be absent. She wouldn't judge him if he was honest with her now, but if he reneged later, well... that would be a different story.
Messages In This Thread
Wish I May, Wish I Might - by Njord - May 10, 2021, 10:20 PM
RE: Wish I May, Wish I Might - by Rosalyn - May 13, 2021, 10:53 AM
RE: Wish I May, Wish I Might - by Njord - May 16, 2021, 10:22 PM
RE: Wish I May, Wish I Might - by Rosalyn - June 06, 2021, 03:30 AM
RE: Wish I May, Wish I Might - by Njord - June 07, 2021, 07:54 AM
RE: Wish I May, Wish I Might - by Rosalyn - June 07, 2021, 02:44 PM
RE: Wish I May, Wish I Might - by Njord - June 09, 2021, 10:03 AM
RE: Wish I May, Wish I Might - by Rosalyn - June 17, 2021, 12:01 AM
RE: Wish I May, Wish I Might - by Njord - June 23, 2021, 08:50 AM
RE: Wish I May, Wish I Might - by Rosalyn - June 25, 2021, 08:49 AM
RE: Wish I May, Wish I Might - by Njord - June 28, 2021, 08:34 PM