Redtail Rise kouri
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
601 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
That’s the…? Druid repeated, all wonderment. She goggled at Mireille for only a second longer before returning her gaze to the vast waters, riveted as her eyes trailed from west to east along the horizon. The sea sprawled endlessly into space and time.

Is there a word, she thought aloud, eyes still fixed on the sea, for more beautiful than beautiful? Druid didn’t think she was making sense but such a trite term didn’t seem to suit something so breathlessly, expansively marvelous.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Sapphique
Obsidian*
"mireille?? more like misandreille *cackles*"
thank u val, very cool!
848 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
"exquise." sometimes they must only choose a new language. she had many words for the same thing, and yet — "there is no way to say dat. it is in de way dat she takes your breat' away."
mireille laughed. "do not worry, druid. de sea be knowin' what it is you mean." she glimmered. how much closer might her friend feel once she had entered the waters.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
601 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
Exquise, Druid repeatedly quietly, her eyes finally tearing back to Mireille. It hadn’t escaped her notice that the girl used the pronoun “she” when talking of the sea. It made perfect sense to her that something so exquisite would be female.

I can’t wait to get closer, she whispered, although of course she must. Mireille, she continued in the very next breath, turning her body to face her friend’s, I must head home. The sooner I go, the sooner I can come back and meet you here.

Was here really the best place? She looked around conspicuously for a moment, then raised a paw to point at the knotty forest on the far side of the rise. How about we meet there? On the afternoon before the new moon, Druid reminded, eyes glimmering as they met Mireille’s.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Sapphique
Obsidian*
thank u val, very cool!
848 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
"yes." she looked hard at the forest. from here it seemed so different. "i will be dere, druid." again, the sharing of names caused her face to catch fire, and for once mireille had gratitude toward her vibrantly red fur.
on impulse she leant forward again, nudging the other girl's cheek. one green eye. one obsidian.
"be safe."
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
601 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
As much as it pained her to turn her back on the sea, Druid reminded herself: she would be back soon. Meanwhile, she let her eyes flutter closed as Mireille pressed against her cheek, then opened them with a smile that had wholly lost any of its shyness. Her whole face glowed as she rubbed her nose against the other girl’s.

I’ll sea you soon, she breathed, grinning, then turned and galloped downhill like a wild filly in the direction of Rivenwood and her sisters.
Sapphique
Obsidian*
thank u val, very cool!
848 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
mireille grinned.
she watched druid go and then ran back as quickly as she could to sapphique, making for wherever sobo was so that she could tell him what had just happened.