Duskfire Glacier colors and shapes, the imaginary
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
943 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Fresh starts. Njord was familiar with those. It had been over a year since the voyager had swam away from Meares Island. He had built a completely new path in Sapphique, but he could hear the songs of a life unfilled calling to him like a siren. Again, a thought of loneliness nipped at him, and his lids fluttered as if he had stepped on a thorn.

He veiled this with a blink at Meerkat’s observations. “Did somethin ‘appen?” he asked, wanting to know if there was a reason Meerkat needed to get away. Maybe it was the war in the South which threatened her home? “I’ll be missin’ those Caldera apples,” he jested with an overdramatic sigh, “but I canna pass up a tour from tha gifted Meerkat. Maybe I can come back another day an’ you can show me aroun’?” Njord suggested. Better to stave off the present loneliness with the promise of a future visit.

She also asked about his name. “To be honest I nev’r thought about it. I canna be sure… my mum’s side of the family were tha seafarin’ folk an’ they named fer one of tha sea gods. But me Da ‘ad a funny way of bendin’ my mum’s will.” Perhaps Valtyr had managed to slip a nod to Njal in his son’s name – Njord wish he had asked on his last visit.

At her last remark, Njord let a breath release any remaining tension in his shoulders. “It was my dream ta do that,” he said whimsically with a gentle smile. Maera’s tales had painted a glorious picture in the redtail’s mind and, at one point in time, he envisioned himself reclaiming the land of ice to continue the Sveijarn name. “But tha sea called to me, an’ I ‘ad ta listen.”

Life was funny like that… you think you’re on one path, but then a gift drops unexpectedly in your lap. “Besides,” he remarked, “seems like tha glacier is in good hands... with you protectin’ it.” His gaze softened then, in admiration for the young woman. She was driven, and made her own path in life. "How's yer life here? Do ya like it?" he asked, genuinely hoping for her happiness.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Messages In This Thread
colors and shapes, the imaginary - by Njord - November 16, 2021, 10:14 AM
RE: colors and shapes, the imaginary - by Meerkat - November 16, 2021, 12:52 PM
RE: colors and shapes, the imaginary - by Njord - November 22, 2021, 03:41 PM
RE: colors and shapes, the imaginary - by Meerkat - November 22, 2021, 04:11 PM
RE: colors and shapes, the imaginary - by Njord - November 22, 2021, 07:20 PM
RE: colors and shapes, the imaginary - by Meerkat - November 22, 2021, 07:32 PM
RE: colors and shapes, the imaginary - by Njord - November 22, 2021, 08:03 PM
RE: colors and shapes, the imaginary - by Meerkat - November 22, 2021, 08:18 PM
RE: colors and shapes, the imaginary - by Njord - November 23, 2021, 03:59 PM
RE: colors and shapes, the imaginary - by Meerkat - November 28, 2021, 03:25 PM
RE: colors and shapes, the imaginary - by Njord - December 01, 2021, 11:39 PM