Duskfire Glacier colors and shapes, the imaginary
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
943 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
At Meerkat’s reminder, Njord envisioned his ancestors moving swiftly through the land. Up the glacier and accross the ice… streaks of red and silver fur. If only he knew how short-lived and tumultuous Njal and Tuwawi’s empire was… perhaps he wouldn’t have been so nostalgic about it at all.

They wove together into the caverns to find a thundering waterfall hidden from sight. The glacier’s runoff must have fed the lake through this source – and it was a magical place. Though cold, the wind couldn’t bite here… and the sun forced it’s way through an opening in the ceiling. The deafening sound paired with the shimmering mist made the cave feel ethereal. Njal? Tuwawi? Larus? Are you still here? Njord thought to himself.

Eventually, Meerkat shepherded him along through Duskfire’s tunnels until they ended up at their starting point. Njord was tired, but fulfilled. “Tha was quite tha walkabout,” Njord jested, “I dinna ken tha last time I saw a land so majestic.” Duskfire and Sapphique couldn’t have been anymore opposite in terrain and ecosystems, despite their close proximity. “Ya ‘ave a way of bringin’ out tha bes’ in everythin’, Meerkat,” he complimented earnestly.

“I know you’ve been ta Sapphique a ‘andful times… but it would be my honor ta show ya ‘round, if ya ever cared ta visit tha coast,” he suggested. "We ‘ave our own private beach,“ he added with a smile, to make the suggestion feel more attractive. And Kaertok's and Haunt's headstones, he thought to himself sullenly. 

"But thank ya... really. It was a treat ta see where my family came from. T'was kismet ya found me," Njord said.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Messages In This Thread
colors and shapes, the imaginary - by Njord - November 16, 2021, 10:14 AM
RE: colors and shapes, the imaginary - by Meerkat - November 16, 2021, 12:52 PM
RE: colors and shapes, the imaginary - by Njord - November 22, 2021, 03:41 PM
RE: colors and shapes, the imaginary - by Meerkat - November 22, 2021, 04:11 PM
RE: colors and shapes, the imaginary - by Njord - November 22, 2021, 07:20 PM
RE: colors and shapes, the imaginary - by Meerkat - November 22, 2021, 07:32 PM
RE: colors and shapes, the imaginary - by Njord - November 22, 2021, 08:03 PM
RE: colors and shapes, the imaginary - by Meerkat - November 22, 2021, 08:18 PM
RE: colors and shapes, the imaginary - by Njord - November 23, 2021, 03:59 PM
RE: colors and shapes, the imaginary - by Meerkat - November 28, 2021, 03:25 PM
RE: colors and shapes, the imaginary - by Njord - December 01, 2021, 11:39 PM