Noctisardor Bypass sisters
318 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
@Druid @Witch @Laurel — jorunn has been sent to help!

she went south, beyond their allies claim and into the unknown until she found another collection of womanly scents. perhaps these were the wolves @Sequoia had spoke of. yet jorunn did not wish to make such a loud summons that might tip everybody nearby off to this place. the situation seemed...delicate.

she only offered a soft bark into the opening of the bypass, hoping that somebody might be here. perhaps one of the women stood guard and might see jorunn so she did not need draw too much attention.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
591 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
Druid rose out of a squat, scraping her paws in the cold earth to complement her marking, then moved further along the borderline. She neared the stone archway and paused to ascertain her surroundings. Despite its softness, the bark made her flinch and tense.

Soon, she spied the figure lurking near the edge of Rivenwood’s claim. Unused to addressing visitors, Druid wasn’t sure what to say and went with the most straightforward question that came to mind: Who are you?
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
318 Posts
Ooc —
a young woman greeted her first, and she can only think this must be one of sequoia's own children.

jorunn, of sapphique. her tail swished soft behind her. sequoia came to us and i have been sent. she informed her respectfully.

then waited, wondering what the young woman might order of her.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
591 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
The instant she mentioned Sapphique, Druid’s demeanor relaxed slightly. I’m a friend of Mireille’s, she shared after a thoughtful pause. I’m Druid of Rivenwood. Welcome.

There wasn’t time for pleasantries or small talk beyond that. I was patrolling. You can join me. Eventually we’ll cross paths with the others. She supposed that if Sequoia had sent her, Jorunn would need to speak mainly to Laurel about how she could be of service.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
318 Posts
Ooc —
ah, a friend of mirelle.

druid of rivenwood.

it seemed they were comfortably acquainted now and jorunn would happily follow the young woman into their small claim. or rather, patrol it with her, despite the gentle ache in her lean limbs.

have things been seen? anything recent? she offered as she fell into a sort of...scouting guardian role. learning the lay of this land as much as she was guarding it with druid.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
591 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
She began to move again, Jorunn falling into step with her. Druid wondered what Sequoia had told her. She doubted Jorunn planned to join their ranks, since she was already loyal to Sapphique.

Before she could ask, Jorunn posed a question. What do you mean? Druid sought clarification before tacking on her own inquiry. What did my mother tell you about the situation?
318 Posts
Ooc —
two children, stolen. she needs help for their return,

she informed plainly. as if they were talking about the weather or what to eat for dinner. it was all jorunn had been given to go off of.

i ask to know if whoever stole has come back, if they still lurk nearby.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
591 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
Druid felt her hackles raise as she thought of Ursus. Could the raiders be lurking nearby, just out of sight? Would they spring another attack, come back to finish the job and kill Laurel? There really was no telling. But that was why she was out here, she supposed, combing the perimeters.

They haven’t returned, as far as I know. I don’t pretend to truly understand the situation, the young she-wolf admitted. Laurel might be able to tell you more, especially how you can help.

Druid thought she heard a sound coming from just outside the bypass. She froze, motioning for Jorunn to do the same. She listened carefully, though the wilderness remained silent. Eventually she released a breath and continued walking.
318 Posts
Ooc —
it looked bleak when phrased like this.

bleaker than it had when she had last spoke to erzulie. she thought of the woman, of her motherly state in the rounds of her sides—

will you tell me of laurel? she had walked into the lion's den unprepared, it was best to familiarize herself while she was here.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
591 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
It was perhaps the most loaded question Jorunn could’ve asked. Druid’s jaw tightened as she considered how to answer.

I think it’s best if Laurel tells you about herself, she replied, and her kids. She really couldn’t say she knew the woman well, though Druid considered her response valid either way.

They moved in silence for a moment as Druid carefully studied their surroundings. She had completed a full circuit and could retire to the interior for a while.

Suddenly, she wanted nothing more than to seek the stone crypt where Bracelet slept. Perhaps the snake would rise from her long sleep soon. She was an integral part of Rivenwood, as much as any of the wolves.

You’re welcome to seek her out and introduce yourself. I’m sure Laurel will answer any questions you have, Druid said, coming to a slow halt.
318 Posts
Ooc —
probably last from me unless druid has more to say!

jorunn did not understand.

but, ah, as druid had so kindly worded — "i don’t pretend to truly understand the situation."

i will, perhaps once more than one wolf knew her presence, she could find some sleep before they...did whatever was needing to be done here.

thank you, druid, and if that was all then jorunn had her first task set for her.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
591 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
Thanks for the (+1 founding) thread! :)

Druid nodded and replied, We should be the ones thanking you. We appreciate you coming here. I’ll catch up with you and the others later. I’ll try to bring some food with me.

But, for now, she pointed her petite black toes toward her beloved friend slumbering in the earth. As Druid traipsed toward Bracelet, she felt immensely grateful that leaving this place had never truly been an option.