Ouroboros Spine writing
220 Posts
Ooc — siv
All Welcome 
Rain.

It trickled down from the overcast sky, light but unyielding, and she made her way out into the world alone. A rare thing for her. It would be at Aumauttuk Grove that she found herself on the edge of the lake.

She carried with her a pelt she had been given to work on a day or two before.

Now she dunked it into the lake, holding it beneath her paws. She would begin to sing a familiar song.

Brother rain makes his bed, aya aya...

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,251 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn traversed through the forest. There were two on Moonglow and he loved them both. Though he spent most of his time in Mamattuk Coppice, because it remined him the most of home, but toay he found himself on the smaller one. 

He heard a softly singing and moved closer into the light. His eyes taking in the small young girl that worked at something at the edge of the lake. She was someone's child, but whose? Moonwoman's? Or were there others who had pups here, perhaps.

He chuffed gently, and moved further into the light. Rain slid down along his shoulders and back, but it was not heavy and it felt good in a way. He would probably regret it later, but for now it was a nice feeling.

Hi he spoke quietly
220 Posts
Ooc — siv
Her words dipped off into a hum, short lived as the voice of another broke the air.

She had smelled this one before. She had never seen his bear face.

He was hushed and soft with his greeting, for this she smiled. Hi, She offered back tentatively, paws releasing the pelt as she grasped it with her teeth, removing it from the water all together. Carefully placing it on the grass and not the forming muddy banks.

Do you sing song?

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moontide
Alpha*
1,251 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
The hum was as pretty as the her voice had been. She was a talented little song bird, and it had eased some of the tension in his shoulders. He stepped a little closer, but stayed a fair distance away, didn't wish to startle or be too close, if she didn't want him near.

I'm Rodyn. He said quietly, keeping his voice still quiet, and unhurried, she seemed like a wolf that preferred the whispery softness. 

I've not sang in some time. I'd be glad to join you though if you'd like, but you'll have to teach me the song. I used to sing with my sister, Bula.
220 Posts
Ooc — siv
Rodyn, but she dubbed him bear faced already and smiled softly for it all.

He mentioned a sister though and she grew a bit bolder, a bit more curious of him.

Where is Bula? Will she sing too? She did not yet understand that his whole family was not in Moonglow too, that not everyone had such deep roots here in the village.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moontide
Alpha*
1,251 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn wouldn't mind a nickname, as far as he was concerned, this pack could call him anything they wished. They were kind to him, and he already loved them for it. 

His ears went back to his skull and a frown pulled at his face, but he gently shook his head. He missed his sister, his sweet sister. No, i'm afraid not. When I left my other pack, she stayed behind. I'm sure she still sings there, just not with me.

Rodyn wished now seeing this beautiful village and the honest wolves that made it up. That his family had been this way, and he would make sure that as he grew, this is how he would live.
220 Posts
Ooc — siv
She wondered what it was like. A world beyond Moonglow, villages she may never see or hear of. It was a wonderful thing as much as it was scary.

Why leave your village?

She did not think of the manners of this question.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moontide
Alpha*
1,251 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn had been afraid of leaving before, but he had grown to love traveling since then. Everything made him grow more into his personality.

My family isn't like yours. Once a male gets to be almost 2. They leave

He didn't share that they were run out by his father. That seemed a cruel truth to give the small girl.
220 Posts
Ooc — siv
Her brows knit together with a sudden, distressed chain of thought. A male would get to two and leave. She recalled the men and boys here. One in particular came to mind first.

Would @Mojag leave? Surely anaa would not make him leave, right?

Why? She pressed again, a watery look in her eyes.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moontide
Alpha*
1,251 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn saw her distressed face, her little eyes welling with tears and he made a soft motion with his paw. If she'd allow soothe her somehow.

It was how my family was, but not like Moonglow. Here the males grow into big hunters and live happily. They will not leave and your Anaa would never make them either.

He didn't wish to make her think the same of her family. The males would marry and be happy here.
220 Posts
Ooc — siv
She did not blame bear-face for the sudden sadness that welled in her, despite his soothing. He had assured her that such a thing would not happen here — and Callyope knew this as a truth.

Still, the thought punctured her bubble of happiness.

All at once, she plunged herself into Rodyn. Face buried in the autumn furs of his chest. Small cries, muffled by his fur.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moontide
Alpha*
1,251 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn felt awful when he realized despite his every precaution not too. He had upset her. He supposed he had a lot to learn with pups and younglings. But he would do his best to learn.

Rodyn was momentarily surprised by her sudden onslaught of tears and her burying her face into his chest. He put a large leg and paw around her back. Muzzle soothing along her downy head.

It's okay, let it out.

He would never tell a child to stop crying. Usually their emotions were bigger than them. That much he knew.
220 Posts
Ooc — siv
wrapping up <3

She would cry, for maybe too long for such a brief burst of emotions.

Eventually she would be too tired to remain upright. Instead falling into a nap — a usual conclusion to her extreme displays of emotion.

"inuktitut" || "common"