Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,248 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
All Welcome 
Rodyn had continued past the shores. Otter furs weighing him down, with rabbit furs and seashells. He made it to the borders of Natigvik if the scents were anything to go by, though there were some new ones, here. However, he smellled Sandulf who had left soon after him to come here and Amalia. @Sakhmet and @Kivaluk.

He tilted his head and howled for someone to answer. He wondered if perhaps they would help him find and fell a deer. They could have the meat for now, but he needed the fur both for his bride price and to carry all the other's he was amassing.

He settled at least ten feet from the border and waited patiently. He also would need to remember to ask them about a pup missing from Sapphique. Son of Chacal..if he wasn't mistaken.
Moonglow
Gamma
364 Posts
Ooc — delaney
a call rises at the borders; splicing thru the chill of the day, despite the warmth of the sun upon kivaluk's back. at first, he does not recognize the voice and makes his way towards the borders with haste filled with blooming hope and creeping dread as thoughts of his father sneak thru and snatch his thoughts like thieves.

relief follows next as he recognizes the caller at their borders; rodyn of moonglow.

a soft chuff of greeting is offered to the moonman — with the careful tuck of worry about his father ( and brother! ) tucked aside.

rodyn, greets kivaluk in full as his steps draw to a cease closeby. what brings you to natigvik's borders? a friendly question, for he and all of moonglow are welcome, of course ...but it felt appropriate to ask as the only present ( self proclaimed ) sentinel.

adopt my children
Moontide
Alpha*
1,248 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn wags his own tail in response, astounded at the size of the youth now. He felt as if it had been so short ago that the youngling was littler than this. He greeted with a smile.

Many things actually.

Rodyn chuckled good naturedly. And shifted. Moonwoman Kukutux has asked me to establish myself as a trader for the pack. I trade my prowess in hunting, story telling, gathering what ever they might need in exchange for something from them.

Rodyn furrowed his brow thinking. He hoped he'd explained it well enough. He was not too speak of bride price.

I'm traveling for a few moons to do just that. I was stopping first to say hello to everyone, secondly to offer my hunting. I am in need of a stag fur, but you may keep the meat. And thirdly. I recently was near a pack Sapphique on the shores of the coast. They have lost a pup. A brown pup was taking by an eagle, by the name of Requiem. They still hold hope that the Eagle simply dropped him. I was asked to keep an eye out for him.

What he didn't say was he hoped the pup was still alive too. Because it was heartbreaking to think otherwise.
Moonglow
Gamma
364 Posts
Ooc — delaney
rodyn wastes no time launching into the purpose of the visit; though he cushions true motive with wanting to stop and say hello. still, the words trade garner the bulk of kivaluk's attention and focus.

a stag pelt; an exchange that they could keep the meat if they allowed him to take the pelt. for a moment, kivaluk wants to pause, to call for his mother thinking that it would be undermining of her authority to make the decision himself. a soft twitch of his ear hints at the internal debate.

it sounds fair. kivaluk murmurs aloud. i do not wish to overstep and say that we accept. you would have to speak to my mother for that. because though he might be a princeling he held no true sway here.

a dilemma then.

a distraction from the dilemma was offered in grim news of a cub being stolen by an eagle from the coast. i have not seen any lost cubs, kivaluk admits; voice solemn. he assumes, for an eagle to be able to steal it, that it must be small. young. younger than him and akkuma at any rate. i will keep an eye out when i'm scouting beyond our borders. this was the best kivaluk could offer though: a promise to keep a weathered eye on the horizon just in case.

adopt my children
Moontide
Alpha*
1,248 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn truly did wish to say hello. He had grown fond of the wolves of Natigvik, and their small numbers. There was upset with Cerne and now they had lost their patriarch to his former home for a time. He felt the need to check in, make sure they wanted for nothing.

Rodyn nodded his head. I am fine with that.

Rodyn sighed. I do not know if the Eagle could have brought it this far, but I promised to share the news and try and find him for them. A shame and I feel bad for his mother and siblings.

Have you been keeping well? Rodyn asked in the way of conversation. While they waited.
Moonglow
Gamma
364 Posts
Ooc — delaney
kivaluk, glad that rodyn did not appear to take offense to his hands-off response to the trade offer — at least while his mother was not ( yet ) present — lets out a small nod. eagerly, he takes to their next topic of discussion, giving the older man his rapt attention. though kivaluk could not claim to know much ( if anything ) about eagles, he had to agree that it seemed like a stretch that a bird would've taken the cub this far. but perhaps the cub was wandering upon it's own if it was dropped. either way, kivaluk would relay the information and keep his own eyes out.

i didn't realize birds could be so dangerous. kivaluk admits starkly; voice low in further realization just how dangeorus the world actually was. slowly, as he grows older with each cycle of the moon does he begin to come to very adult realizations.

well enough, thank you. though worry: for his father, for his brother, for his mother and natigvik plague him. and you and moonglow? he inquires, for it is only polite.

adopt my children
Moontide
Alpha*
1,248 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn found no reason to be affronted. He would not answer something of this nature without leader approval either.

Rodyn nodded. They usually leave pups alone but not always. However birds can even be dangerous to adults. They are dirty animals their beaks and claws if they scratch you deep enough or peck you deep enough it can become infected. It is onw of the reasons I don't hunt them often.

All is well in moonglow. Shoeing up for winter and getting ready for hunting. I will join them in first winter hunt.
Moonglow
Gamma
364 Posts
Ooc — delaney
a soft, contemplative hum lingers in kivaluk's throat as he processes this information. in truth, his interest was held mostly in woodland creatures: rabbits, deer, badgers and fish but only because knowing how to look and navigate the river was essential given where natigivik had made it's home. fishing was ...a bit boring and a hit or a miss but he didn't hate it.

birds? he'd never had much of an interest in hunting if only because of their ability to fly.

that is good to hear. kivaluk says; words genuine. it is good news that their sisterpack was doing well. i've been hearing that winters can be quite harsh. troubling news ...but being armed with the wisdom of the adults around him would help him to prepare.

adopt my children
Moontide
Alpha*
1,248 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn is always willing to share his information about hunting. Especially, if he likes the wolf in question. For him to show hunting and really dive in, was an act of love and care. Rodyn however, also enjoyed fishing. Though not near as much. The simple fact was, Fishing didn't challenge him as much as the running and the catching. Fishing was a different type of challenge. One for those with more patience he supposed than he.

Rodyn smiled. Sometimes they are, and sometimes they aren't. As long as you have food in your caches, warmth in your dens. You should weather just fine. And Moonglow will be arriving to help you fill the caches soon enough.
Moonglow
Gamma
364 Posts
Ooc — delaney
you get my 100th post! :D

kivaluk is quiet as rodyn speaks, giving a soft, sage nod of his head. hearing that sometimes winters aren't too bad is a relief; soft as it washes over him. it's good to know that winter isn't always so terrible ...but how did anyone know if winter would be terrible or not? how do you know if its going to be a bad winter? or a good one? he asks next, wanting to know if there's any tricks of telling the weather that he might find useful. as a hunter. in general.

as long as it's not going to hurt moonglow's chances. he says with a soft frown, not wanting to be a responsibility of their sister pack.

adopt my children
Moontide
Alpha*
1,248 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Yay!

Rodyn's ear twitched as he spoke. Mind on the winter ahead. He wasn't sure what it would be like this year. He hadn't been paying attention as he should.

Rodyn's tail sweeped behind him and he smiled. Happy to share this knowledge, he had gathered in his short years while hunting.

Lots of ways actually. Sometimes if the roly caterpillars are black as shadows it's going to be cold and long. When the beavers make their homes extra thick. When the birds leave early to fly south. If any burrow dweller digs dipper and goes below sooner. If the deer are out all hours instead of simply morning and late night. The prey creatures, have a certain sixth sense, even we do. You can feel it. You just have to trust yourself and what you observe.

Rodyn shook his head. I don't believe it will. With more bodies, we can take down more prey. With more prey we can fill more caches. So it will benefit both our packs to hunt together.
Moonglow
Gamma
364 Posts
Ooc — delaney
kivaluk is quiet, but attentive, as rodyn lists of all the ways that a harsh winter ahead could be foretold. it is a lot of information at once, but kivaluk does his best to store it away, knowing that it was useful. i see. he murmurs; contemplative.

as long as you're sure, kivaluk worries his lip for a moment before offering a soft smile. he isn't sure what the terms of their alliance are and does not, again, wish to overstep. i will take this information to my mother. are you going to linger in the area for a while?

adopt my children
Moontide
Alpha*
1,248 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn smiled.. Its a lot ot learn, but honestly. The best teacher i have always thought was experience. Once you get through one you'll know what to expect.

Rodyn frowned contemplstive and nodded. For a few days yet, yes. Then i plan to go further. But I will return to hunt with you if I don't see you as the first snow falls.

Rodyn smiled You must tell me all of your hunting stories when i do return.
Moonglow
Gamma
364 Posts
Ooc — delaney
that seems to be the general nature of things, kivaluk murmurs with a soft, good natured laugh. learning from experience: was how most things were best learnt; and as he has done much of it over the first six months of his life he has come to simply accept this as irrefutable fact.

though the wisdom of the adults was welcome ( even if he did not always take it ).

i will. kivaluk promises to the last sentance, though he does not make promises to the first. he would speak with sakhmet about what'd been discussed here but wasn't entirely sure he would catch rodyn before he moved on. i'll go seek my mother now, he does promise. see you soon.

last post from me. <3

adopt my children