Northstar Vale A rebel born free
356 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
All Welcome 
lmk if anything here needs changed!

Tierra didn't waste much time between when Germanicus gave the order and when she grabbed @Minne and set off for Epoch.

My mom lives here now. She'll totally know if he's here, but she's deaf, so someone else might show up. Tierra didn't give her much time to answer before lifting her muzzle and howling.

Whoever came, she'd ask about Siku or Nanuq. She didn't know which came this way but it wasn't like there was anywhere else they could've gone!
-Signing.- | Speaking. | -Signing & speaking.-
83 Posts
Ooc —
she did not mind one bit going with the girl she had been set to learn under. often times the way they talked taught her more than she imagined any gruff man might share.

so as they arrived, and tierra spoke of her deaf mother, minne was given a moment to figure some things out herself. like the correlation between epoch and mereo. why families seemed to be split and shared between the two.

but it's not our job to bring them home, though, right? just...find them?
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
A summoning howl was made at their borders. Arsenio had just finished adding to a cache in the area when he had heard it. Without waiting, the redstone figure aimed himself for the summons and raced on auburn limbs to reach them.

Upon approach, the man caught a strong smell from both wolves who stood waiting. They were of Mereo, and they carried an air of errand-runners. Arsenio thought of the young boy who had come to the vale. He knew why they had come, of course. The Arche only hoped that they would not attempt to remove Nanuq from their home – not unless he was ready and willing to go.

Greetings, Mereo runners. I am Arsenio, he offered them in a loud voice. How might I assist you?
356 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Yep! Super easy. Tierra did a little excited shimmy, then stood up straighter when she saw someone coming towards them. Whoever this was probably was important here, right? To be answering a summons from another pack. She'd totes be on her best behavior.

Hey! We're here for Germanicus, and we're looking for Siku or Nanuq. We aren't here to, like, drag them back or anything weird like that. We just want to see if they came here since their mom is, like, crazy worried and stuff. Okay, maybe a little rambly, but she'd pretty much nailed it right?

Oh! Shit, wait. I'm Tierra, and this is Minne. She broke in, introducing them both without hesitating. She was point on this trip, yeah? This was so awesome.
83 Posts
Ooc —
the man who greeted them seemed formal — and already in the loop. calling them mereo runners.

tierra was quick to fill in any gaps, including delayed introductions. minne found it best to simply standby as guard. not that she thought there was a real threat here, but orders were orders.

a pair they had come as, a pair they would stay as.
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The dark girl with crimson on her nape was the first to speak. Her tone was chipper, bright. She had been sent on errand by Germanicus. They were seeking word on the boys – Siku and Nanuq. Arsenio thought it impressive that they had gotten searchers to the vale so swiftly. Aquene must have been at her wit’s end. The redstone figure regretted not leaving sooner. No parent should have to wait to hear the fate of their child.

Ah, yes… I had intended to come to you. I merely had to prepare before making the trip, Arsenio responded when Minne said nothing. Nanuq is here. He arrived healthy, no injuries. The boy, I think, is finding himself. It was a difficult thing to traverse. If Arsenio’s children had disappeared from their home before their first year of age, he would have spent every waking hour in worry.

Nanuq asked to stay and I told him that he is welcome to. For as long as he needs. But, I- Arsenio frowned thoughtfully. He did not come with Siku. The Epoch leader did not know where the other boy might be. This worried him, even more.
356 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Tierra was an aspiring ambassador, but she had zero poker face when Arsenio said that Nanuq was finding himself. That had to be the dumbest thing she'd ever heard. How did he think he was going to do that here, and how did someone even lose that in the first place?

Whatever. She wasn't here to help or anything like that. Oh, yeah! They didn't leave together. Germanicus said one of them went somewhere else, and he's already checking there. So he's totally got it, like, covered.

Despite Germanicus' instructions, Tierra had planned on trying to maybe get him to come back for, like, extra credit or something. Totally a thing. With an excuse like that, though, maybe he should stay here. Like she was equipped to deal with an existential crisis? Absolutely no freakin way.

Can you just tell him we came? And see if he can, like, call his mom or something? Idk, whatever he wants to do I guess. Pretty sure Germanicus is fine with him staying. It's just weird that he wants to, no offense. Epoch was nice and all. She just didn't see the appeal.
83 Posts
Ooc —
the boy was...finding himself? it seemed almost too young for that, but minne was neither mother nor sitter. she hardly knew what stages came between newborn and young adult. maybe that latter mark had already been hit.

nor was the other boy here.

tierra was...the waffling diplomat and minne wondered if she would have done any better herself. probably not.

we're not here to drag him back. she confirmed with a bit of an awkward dry tone. but, yeah, calling his mom might do wonders if he doesn't mind.
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Siku had gone somewhere else – Germanicus had gone to check on him. He had sent the two ladies to Epoch to see if Nanuq had gone the opposite direction. It was fortunate that both boys had been found. Arsenio did not want to imagine what tragedy could have come to them. The heartbreak that would bring on Aquene was something the Arche could not imagine, and he did not care to.

I do not think he wants to go back, but I have spoken to him about telling his mother. I believe there is a good chance that he will tell her.

Nanuq could stay in Epoch until he was ready to face this conversation. If his brother returned home and the young man felt inclined to follow, Arsenio would only make sure that he arrived safely. As for the dutiful soldiers at his border…

Thank you for coming, he said with a smarmy expression. The cold blue of his eyes shifted between Tierra and Minne, waiting to see if they would ask for more.
356 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Well, that was the job done! And Tierra could totally take a hint - that sounded a lot like a dismissal. Germanicus hadn’t really asked them to, but she did decide to do one more part to her job, just in case. Part of being a diplomat was taking messages both ways, right?

Is there anything you want us to tell G… the Imperator? Or anyone else? She corrected herself for once to the formal title to make it sound more professional. But she glanced at Minne too. They were pretty much done here.
83 Posts
Ooc —
some part of her had hoped that they might actually see nanuq, or get to hear the call. instead it felt a lot like they were being shown the door already.

which, uh, awkward.

regardless tierra took things in stride and minne felt nothing but gratitude for the company of her friend.
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The soldier asked if there was anything that Arsenio wished to have sent back to the Imperator. He let the question hang in the air for a moment while he considered her offer. There was nothing he felt needed to be said to the leader of Mereo. Their last conversation had determined their desires and they did not compliment each other. Arsenio had not been willing to hunt for the Saints and his opinion on that had not changed.

No.

The Arche nodded his head for them to leave.

The Roman is free to visit any time he wishes. Safe travels.

Without another word, the russet figure trotted back into the depths of the vale. He hoped that Nanuq was settling in, but he could not imagine that it was easy for the young wolf. Arsenio hoped to give him space before trying to bring him closer. Time would tell.