Moonspear liquid light
Brecheliant
Family
299 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Light!

Seal's wee little sapphire eyes opened to a whole new world. Though the ulaq was still dark, she awoke to rays of pink and orange light cascading through the den's entrance at dawn. How beautiful! The acuity of her vision was poor at best, but this new experience made her babble and wriggle in excitement. 

Look, @Orca II, look!
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
933 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
The circadian rhythm was a foreign concept to new babes who had no concept of day, night, or time. It seemed like every hour they awoke and demanded to be fed or cleaned. @Meerkat was a perfect mother and Njord tried to help where he could, but he could not deny his exhaustion!

On this morning, his wife had slipped away for a small break. Njord tried to steal a few more winks of sleep... but it felt like only a second had passed before one of their new daughters was awake.

To his surprise, it was not a screech or cry... but a sound of joy. Njord's tired expression managed a smile, not realizing a milestone had occurred: Seal and Orca's eyes had opened!

"G'mornin' wee ones," Njord cooed as he nosed their little bodies, as one turned a potato to make sure it was cooked evenly on all sides.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

59 Posts
Ooc — ?
Orca slept quite well after her latest feast, only to quite suddenly be awoken. Jostled to wakefulness, Orca's note of protest transformed into a yAARP? of confusion. Something was different! What was it? Orca could not see very well, but Seal presented like a smear on the lens of her glasses.

She thought the only thing to do was to rub it off, maybe. So she pushed her head into her sister, and when darkness was present again she let out a satisfied huff. Of course, sitting in this position for too long dried out her eyeballs, and her father, in the nick of time, nosed her. Like a rolly polly, Orca lay there on her back.

The world was bright again! AAAAAAAAA! she rioted, even if this felt far better than fur in her eyes.
Brecheliant
Family
299 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Seal, too, rioted! But for a different reason. She was curious about the new light and the pictures in her mind and wanted to see more! Her tiny lungs wailed in protest of being so horribly detained by her father. “BWAAA!” She hollered in sync with Orca. Their tiny acapella was mighty!
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
933 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
It seemed Njord had made a tactical error. Both of his little girls wailed! It appeared that they, already, had willful dispositions. Yet, he was in good spirits and listened to the cries with the patience of a practiced father.

“Och, dinna fash my wee lassies,” he cooed as Njord nuzzled Orca and Seal. They were so small… soon, their pink little paw pads would become dark and the baby blue of their eyes would change. No matter how much they screamed, Njord would savor every moment. This time together was fleeting.

“Let yer Da sing ye a song, hmm?” He mused aloud and began to whisper a small lullaby to his precious daughters... one his father, Valyr, used to sing. A song from a previous life among clan Innisfree.

My heart's in the Highlands, my heart is here,
My heart's in the Highlands, a-chasing the deer;
Chasing the wild-deer, and following the roe,
My heart's in the Highlands, wherever I go.

Hello to the Highlands, hello to the North,
The birth-place of Valour, the country of Worth ;
Wherever I wander, wherever I rove,
The hills of the Highlands for ever I love.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

59 Posts
Ooc — ?
Gonna make us an up to date one! <3

Their fathers ditty was kryptonite. Her wailing gave way to silence which gave way to his voice, which filled her up with pleasantness. The vibrations were so soothing, and the fear of something new disappeared entirely. Sooner than he might like, Orca snuggled into him and her sister and began to softly snore, back to the familiar darkness.
Brecheliant
Family
299 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Seal’s caterwauls transformed into tiny whimpers as her Da began to sing. She could feel Orca snuggle into their father beside her, and Seal wasted no time pretzeling herself among them. The drone of Orca’s tiny snores were contagious… half way through the lullaby, Seal found herself drifting peacefully off into dreamland.
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
933 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
The nursery song did its work and Njord watched as his daughters quickly soothed and fell back asleep. He admired them for a long while. Pure peace found him at that moment – a small reprieve from life's troubles – and he enjoyed the present moment with the newborns.