Pledged
Dragonspine
861 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
All Welcome 
Masquerade did not feel the same familial excitement over @New Snow’s litter as their mother’s, though they still looked forward to their birth. When the time came, they lingered in the background, giving much space to the laboring Bitan, her mate (@Augur) and her son (@Bobcat). As far as she could tell, everything went well. While the family greeted its newest members, they set off to fetch fresh meat for the weary mother.

They returned once more this morning and dropped a fat rabbit at the mouth of the whelping den. It was as close as they’d dared venture since the pups’ arrival. Masquerade was the picture of submission, prostrating themself before the entrance and nudging the carcass toward the inner gloom. Masque would love to meet the newborns, though they would not encroach on New Snow’s space unless explicitly invited.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Redtail Rise
Ulfhedinn*
647 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Deerstalker
Tracker
Guardian
cameo!

augur did not mind the nearness of thorn caller.

they smelled of red woman and her pups. they smelled of pack and closeness.

they brought meat this day.

and they may have been his own child.

his yellow eyes watched from where he lay outside the den in a relaxed position that did not change his observation.

it was new snow's decision. the children were very new. he would not invite thorn caller to approach unless his mate indicated.

still, the hunt-leader gave a single thump of his tail in appreciation and pride.
Redtail Rise
Caru*
310 Posts
Ooc — ???
The smell of food enticed New Snow to the lip of the whelping den. Mountain Boulder kept surveillance, but it was not him who brought her the meal. It was another she recognized, and knew well. New Snow had accepted, now, Thorn Caller. She did not snap at her proximity, as she was no longer a cub who might on accident harm one of them in the bumbling way of youth. Thorn Caller was perhaps the only one, other than Wolverine, who New Snow would permit so near of their age. 

Still there was some measure of uncertainty. Innate instinct. New Snow did not snap the girl away, but rumbled softly, a warning for her to proceed... but with caution. The note ended in a croon, the smell of meat causing her mouth to water.
Pledged
Dragonspine
861 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
New Snow’s familiar face floated into view like a ghost from the gloom. Masquerade glanced at the woman’s expression before quickly dropping their eyes. The tilt of her ears, the sharp wariness in her gaze and the droop of her lip were a warning before the noise ever rumbled up from her chest. Masque let out an airy whine, pressing closer to the ground but not retreating as the growl ended on a more welcoming note.

This is for you, they said, nosing the stiffening carcass closer to New Snow’s pale paws. How are you? How are they? Masque questioned, slinking their head forward slightly as if to peer into the shadows beneath the Ulfr.

They knew by now she would not articulate a response. There were many ways New Snow could show Masquerade the answer, though the newly titled Caru did not press the matter. They steadied their weight on their elbows, belly still firm to the earth, watchful for any and every one of the mother’s cues.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Redtail Rise
Caru*
310 Posts
Ooc — ???
New Snow was a little fidgety, given the proximity, but did not show her teeth again. She would not do so unless Bloodspot did anything in which crossed any lines; New Snow would thusly guide her with new life, and how to treat them, as best she could. Questions were asked, ones New Snow could not translate beyond you—which she new on some level was her, as she was often addressed by this moniker. How was becoming more familiar, too, but one that New Snow did not always know how to answer.

Bloodspot being low to the earth appeased New Snow, who grabbed the meat gently with her teeth and tugged it inside. There was room left for Bloodspot to observe, if she wished. New Snow's eyes would follow her.
Pledged
Dragonspine
861 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
Their tail swept the grass behind them when New Snow seized the proffered meat, dragging it close to herself and giving Masquerade a better view of the newborns squirming at her breast. They stared for a moment, then sniffed forward without infringing on the mother’s space. They just wanted to familiarize themself with the newest additions’ smells, not to mention determine a bit about their health from their scents.

You have two daughters, Masque acknowledged aloud. Congratulations.

Perhaps they would not always identify as the gender assigned to them at birth, though Masquerade didn’t ponder that much. There wasn’t much to individualize them at present. All the same, the Caru felt protective of them, as well as New Snow. They itched to provide.

If you ever need to take a break, I can look after them for you. If you’d rather not leave them, I can always get you whatever you need. If I’m not nearby, just call for me. I’m always happy to help.

Mission statement declared, they settled back to keep watch and remain on call.