Redhawk Caldera I can’t let go, it’s chemical
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
All Welcome 
Atreus hadn’t moved much in days. He really began to wonder if he’d fractured his ankle. Between @Amalia and Bridget, he wasn’t in terrible pain but it still hurt quite a bit. And he couldn’t put any weight on it whatsoever.

Keeping that foreleg tucked carefully toward his chest, he emerged from Amalia’s den. She had left earlier this morning and he was bored out of his mind. Atreus hopped a few yards into the open, turning his face upward and shutting his eyes as he slowly took a seat.

He basked for a bit, then opened his eyes and looked around. He wondered if Amalia had gone to Akashingo yet. He would ask her when she got back, then request she summon @Maia so they could have a conversation about Atreus staying here permanently.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,524 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Maia had gotten word that someone new was staying with them, at least temporarily, and she'd set herself a goal of stopping by to at least meet them. She'd needed to wait until her time was no longer consumed by Eljay's company, but as that period faded, she picked up her duties as Auspex again. (Still weird for her to think of herself as such.)

Hi. You're... Amalia's friend? Wow, Maia, you really are a space case. Amalia had given her a name but with the timing she'd entirely forgotten it. Sorry! She told me you were staying with us a while. My name's Maia.
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
A yawn peeled apart his jaws. After he clapped his mouth shut again, Atreus gave his head a proper shake. He was bored but he’d already done enough napping. He couldn’t just go for a walk—his foot was one thing but he was also in another pack’s domain—so he tried to think of some other way to stimulate himself.

Maybe he could play a game? I spy with my little eye… he thought lamely, tilting his head to watch a couple of blue jays fly overhead. His eyes bounced back earthward just in time to clap on a figure in the distance. A wolf!

Hey! Atreus said too loudly, clearly desperate for company. Yeah, I’m Atreus. You’re the leader here, aren’t you? he questioned, interest perking even more and head dipping respectfully when she gave her name.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,524 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
I am, she replied, with surprisingly more confidence than she felt. It didn’t matter how long she held the title or how often she used it, she didn’t think it would ever come naturally or feel correct. Most days she forgot at least once.

It’s nice to have you here, Atreus. Did you… need anything? I know Amalia has you staying here, but I wanted to make sure I asked. And that you knew the rest of us were here and willing! Maia wasn’t any kind of healer but she was more than happy to provide whatever else she could.
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
Maia’s hospitality rivaled the palace’s, though this place lacked the pomp and circumstance of Akashingo. Although part of him liked the lavish ambiance there, he felt more comfortable around someone down to earth like the Auspex. He hadn’t thought it was possible to meet someone even more motherly than Amalia!

I’m good but thank you, he replied before amending, Actually, there is one thing. I’m thinking of staying here. Amalia’s basically an older sister to me, so I’d like to live closer to her. Would that be okay? I’m a scout by trade and I’d be happy to help out however you guys need, once my ankle heals.
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,524 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Oh. Maia was startled initially, but recovered quickly and laughed. Sorry! I just wasn’t expecting that. Of course that’s okay, if that’s what you want. Amalia obviously loves you and that’s more than enough of a reason for me. Maia waved her tail dismissively, hoping to reassure him that she didn’t need any reasons why he might be useful. She never wanted to be the type of pack that cared more about that than simple family.

If you change your mind, don’t feel like you are stuck here. But until then, welcome to Brecheliant! She was honestly thrilled he thought enough of them to want to join their numbers. It felt so quiet in such a good way, but few came by to call on them outside of family. Not everyone was suited to such a quiet existence, but she hoped he found happiness here.
451 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Ranger
Her reaction earned a few blinks, though all was well. She hadn’t expected the request, though she warmly welcomed him. Atreus felt his cheeks heat a little when Maia talked about how much Amalia loved him. It was one thing to share that intimacy with Amalia herself, though hearing someone else speak of it made his insides squirm a little bit.

Thank you, Maia. I swear I’ll start contributing as soon as I can, he repeated. He didn’t want the conversation to end there, so he added, I’ll try to meet everyone, though is there anyone in particular I should seek out first? Like, are there are any other leaders?