Ocean's Breath Plateau Aquamarine
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
All Welcome 
The waves could be heard in the distance. It was a sound that soothed the girl, one she had grown accustomed to in their time on the plateau. 

As she ventured along the borders of their home, her eyes shifted to the mountains in the distance. The villages of the moon were a point of pride in Samani. She felt strength in knowing her family was near. She felt support when she had surrounded herself with what mattered most. 

The peach adjusted her path. Her eyes searched for @Rodyn, hoping she would find him.
Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,265 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn was never far from the borders and if he was, he was probably hunting. He had filled his days away from Samani with hunting and as such could boast quite a few caches for winter. It helped that there were only a few younglings. And now that the seal hunter was here.

Peach fur caught hia attention and he blink3d thinking yet again he simply missed her while she helped her Ana, but then she moved and he ran.

Reaching her, if she'd allow he'd simply bury his nose into her ruff. Glad she was back home with him. Nothing else mattered.
Interested in Moontide? Rodyn is always available for threads.
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Rodyn appeared to her, strapping and hard at work on the edges of their claimed land. Samani lifted her snout and yipped a greeting. 

There you are! 

Her voice was bright and warm. His snout was pressed into the ruff of her neck. The scents of Moonglow faded from her mind to be replaced with his familiar smells. Samani touched her snout to his shoulder and then to his chest with peppered kisses. 

I missed you, she confessed with a smile.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,265 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Her voice like a balm. The best sound he had ever heard. He took a shuddering breath. She hadn't been far, but far enough.

A soft chuckle at the peppering of kisses. Russet ears turned towards her as he shifted and licked her in return. A smile on his snout.

I missed you too. Like a constant ache.

He had seen her on and off, but it had never been enough.

does your Ana need your help anymore?

Warm curious yellow eyes on her face. The half a smile he always carried.
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The peachy girl could feel it in his response. His voice was rough with the longing he had carried. Samani felt bad for leaving him so long. She had trusted his work and his dedication to their home. She had stepped away knowing that he would tend to Moontide with love. 

The question he asked was warranted. 

She will always need my help, Samani answered him, a curious glimmer in her jade eyes. But not as much. I will be here, now. And perhaps when I visit again, it will be with you beside me.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,265 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn didn't hold ill will towards her or her Ana and if it were to happen all over again. He'd agree to the same decision. If her mama needed her it was not his place to demand or ask she not go.

A soft chuckle and nod. I can do that. I enjoy visiting them. We have new allies possibly in Sapphique amd Void has gone off to make his own pack. Marina had her children. Heph stands beside us strong.
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The girl’s ears fell to her head. 

You and Heph are my rocks, I think, she said this with a small exhale through her nose. And to think that Heph had never desired the Beta position. Samani thought it funny and fitting that she had found a place in leadership, despite her hesitation. 

I hope that wherever Void lands, he is happy and successful. I’m sure his pack will be fruitful. 

Samani also hoped that he might ally with Moontide. There was strength in numbers.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,265 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn chuckled. She is good amd i try to be.

Samani was very much his support too. And he did everythong with her in mind. Or he hoped to anyway. Hia tail twotched on his haunches and he cloaed his eyes on a deep inhale finally feeling less burdened.

Thunderdome he has allied with us. Near the pack of Epoch i told you of. He has children on the way a new lady love.
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Thunderdome… she echoed with a thoughtful gaze at his features. Epoch was one that she remembered well enough. Rodyn had spoken fondly of the village in the mountains. She had hoped that she might see the lushness of their land, that she might know the unfamiliar paths that they walked.

There are new scents in Moontide, Samani shifted their conversation toward one that she could actively partake in. The loss of Rodyn’s friend Void would be a short-lived sadness. The sea girl knew that some wolves had to follow their spirit. Tell me about those who have joined us.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,265 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
There was a disjoinment to what had once been and Rodyn was unsure what to do. He figured all he could do was what he had been doing and that was love her with all he had. They had been apart and it felt as if perhaps it had been too long. But he had faith that they would find the middle ground again.

Stingray who is son of Njord and Meerkat came from Moonspear. Chakliux's wife and son Nasamik and Rayuk the former was once in moonglow. If you remember. And Chakliux just joined them here recently. and Marina had her children a boy and a girl. Brockleigh and Carlisle.
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
So many newcomers. Samani’s eyes grew wider in surprise.

It was good to know that Moontide had attracted others. She knew the rogue Chakliux and wondered what had carried him from one moon-touched village to the next. She would seek him out in her time and ask for herself. Their last conversation had been enjoyable enough.

I’m pleased to hear there are so many. Stingray will suit this place, she remarked. He was given a name that belongs to the sea. Samani felt that she did not need to know him to be certain of this.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,265 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
He smiled at her surprise. However, for as many newcomers that they had. Their numbers had gone down. Sadly, but this was the way of things when one ran a pack.

Rodyn still didn't fully trust Chakliux. It disturbed him that Aiolos had attacked him, for he had her of it, but not why. That didn't sit well. And Nasamik had also left Moonglow. It was uncomfortable to him. But he would not choose to argue with Samani over it. She could make friends where she willed and he trusted her implicitly.

He nodded. He was born by the ocean. His mother and father were once a part of the seaside pack. Sapphique.

He lay his head along her side again. Pleased to have her here with him.
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
It sounded as though Stingray’s heart called him to the sea. Samani wondered if they would share this with each other. She wished to meet him, if only to put the name to a face. The only image she had in her mind was of a real stingray that had leapt from the waters and sought to walk on land.

I hope I will meet him soon, then. I wonder if it is hard for him to be away from his parents.

She had not asked his age. She imagined that if he was old enough to venture to the ocean in search of a new home, he was old enough to manage his own affairs. Samani lived near her mother and her sister so that she could keep her family close. How far had Stingray traveled away from his blood?
Moontide
Alpha*
1,265 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn didn't know the boy very well. Only that Njord was his father and Meerkat his mother and that was enough for him. He was old enough to travel on his own. So he had to be a year at least.

I imagine you will. He's a nice boy. It makes Njord sad that he left them, but he understood at boy at little over a year. They get restless sometimes. Not all of them, but enough do.
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
What will we do if our children want to leave?

Samani hadn’t considered it until that moment. She exhaled quietly, wondering what it would feel like to have her puppies grow and leave to make puppies of their own. Kukutux was so strong to have delivered so many children into the world and to have supported them through everything. The sea girl hoped she would be like her mother, if only in this regard.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,265 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn frowned in thought. Thinking closely about all she had to say. He was trying to be better than his parents, but the thought of his children leaving. It wasn't an easy thought, but he also in good conscience could not make them stay.

Then we let them go. We teach them the best that we can, and hope that they know enough to be good wolves and to take care of themselves.

he nodded yea that sounded like a good plan. If they just did the best they could and taught them all the could and how to be kind and good and survivors. Then they should be fine. Right.
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The sea girl’s expression became thoughtful. She found herself wrapped in the possibilities that their young ones could be pulled to a greater purpose, beyond the home that they had created. Even though they did not have pups, she was stricken with sadness. It was not an image that she wanted to think about, not for long. Rodyn was right, despite the simplicity of his message.

We will just have to make it so nice for them that they will never want to leave, Samani laughed softly.

The jade color of her gaze shifted to the love that he wore on his face.

Rodyn would be a good father.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,265 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn watched the sunlight place across her peachy face and light up the color of her sea glass eyes. She was thinking deeply and of what he couldn't say, but he imagined something to do with children.

I will endeavor to do that then. Make sure they have many friends and a place to do all the things their hearts desire.

He shifted under her scrutiny a small blush coloring his russet cheeks. A small smile to her look.
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
As will I, in her voice was the weight of a vow.

The softness of his expression drew her closer. She kissed the bridge of his nose with a warm laugh.

Something in Samani told her that it would not be long before she would be ready for this next venture. She had started to feel different, in the foundation of her being. There would be little surprise if the young woman experienced her first heat in the days that would follow.

We talked about names for them. What if we have four? Or- What if we only have one?
Moontide
Alpha*
1,265 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
A soft chuckle. She was cute in her absolute fervor that this would happen. At how serious she could be for such simple things. He was the same way, but it was refreshing to see it in others, especially one he loved so dearly.

He was not an expert on season's for women and he tried not to tell them what would be or how. It was for their choices to make. Not his own. And Samani was no different it was her choice to decide what she wanted. A soft wrinkle to his nose when she kissed. A dart of tongue to lick her muzzle.

Then we will come up with different names or we will decide what the child looks like based on the names we have maybe?
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
I suppose that does solve that problem.

Samani leaned against his touch, craning her head to rest lightly on him. Rodyn always had the answers, or rather had a way to remain level-headed. It was something she admired in him. Nothing seemed to shake that sturdy foundation. She believed that he was reliable and strong. There would be no better father for newborn pups.

What else have you been up to?
Moontide
Alpha*
1,265 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
He smiled

I'm glad i could help find an answer.

there wasnt much he knew a lot about. But he tried to ease her fears as much as he could that was his job right. And he was happy to be that support.

He gently preened at her shoulders and back thinking.

Heph and i went on a few scouting missions. Spoke to some packs. I've been trading to Moonspear once or twice. Had a hunt with Njord when he came to visit. And mostly just filling caches.
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
I am going to fade this one out since we have a baby-making thread! ^^ <33

Samani enjoyed listening to him recount his work. It was nice to know that he had kept himself busy. She wished to tell him that she had missed his presence. It felt silly and girlish to whisper to him. Instead, she focused on playing the part of the attentive listener. Each time he would share, she would find questions to keep him speaking. The sound of his voice was soothing after their time apart.

The sea girl felt that she could live in their shared moment for eternity.