Ocean's Breath Plateau Summer Green, Sky Blue
Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,277 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn nodded and then with grace borne from years of hunting. He shifted and moved out and around and crouched low. Following the target and then with a burst of speed, leapt from the underbrush and honed in on his target once Heph got in position. He herded it towards her.

Body between it and the rest of the herd. Turning to snap at those that got to close and then back at this one. Bloodied haunches at the creature. Growls and loud grunts from the deer.
Interested in Moontide? Rodyn is always available for threads.
Moontide
Beta*
726 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph followed only a moment after, her own legs taking her cleanly and strongly forward. She did not hesitate once Rodyn had locked onto their target, pushing it in her direction. Coming in from the side she avoided the hind legs kicking out and launched towards the throat of the deer, exposed as it sunk back towards its bloodied hindquarters.

It struggled against her weight, forelegs scrambling for purchase, but even as her own paws briefly left the earth her grip held until the deer stopped its struggle. She waited a moment to be sure before letting go, unhinging her jaw and grinning, still panting from the chase. "You good?"
Moontide
Alpha*
1,277 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
]

A nick to his ear was all the wounds he'd recieved. It stung, but he'd be no worse for wear.

He grinned Great! Good job, Heph. Our pack will eat well.

He panted slowly and licked hia chops and shooks his ear for a moment. Blood sprinkling. But he was in good spirits.
Moontide
Beta*
726 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph grinned in turn, glad to see that they had both completed the hunt unscathed. "They will." That filled her with no small amount of satisfaction. "I'll take the front legs and we can see if there's a good place to cache it, maybe split it up a bit." An entire doe would be a lot, and if they separated the meat they would have another fur between them.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,277 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn dipped his head and lifted some of the burden. He was anxious to get it cached and the fur ready to dry. He and Heph did well for their caches. It was nice.