Firefly Glen another riff for the good times
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,998 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
When no answering howl came, Meerkat felt her gorge beginning to rise. She realized she would not rest until she found her brother, dead or alive, even if it meant digging through rubble looking for his remains. The thought made her feel so wobbly, she couldn't bear to stand any longer and sank into a hard sit. Her head drooped between her shoulder blades as her breaths came fast and shallow. She didn't know if she would survive if Bronco hadn't.

But then she heard his voice say her nickname: "Meerk." Her head snapped in his direction and utter relief flooded her. She jumped to her feet only to weave drunkenly toward her brother. Fortunately, he closed the distance in time so that when she fell forward into him, his body caught her. She let out a sobbing noise as she deliberately pressed harder into him, her forelegs coming up to cling loosely around his neck and shoulders. She hung onto him for dear life, squeezing, letting out a little wail of gr(el)ief.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
another riff for the good times - by Meerkat - February 19, 2021, 12:06 PM
RE: another riff for the good times - by RIP Bronco - February 19, 2021, 03:43 PM
RE: another riff for the good times - by Meerkat - February 19, 2021, 04:19 PM
RE: another riff for the good times - by RIP Bronco - February 19, 2021, 04:47 PM
RE: another riff for the good times - by Meerkat - February 19, 2021, 05:49 PM
RE: another riff for the good times - by RIP Bronco - February 19, 2021, 05:55 PM
RE: another riff for the good times - by Meerkat - February 19, 2021, 07:01 PM
RE: another riff for the good times - by RIP Bronco - February 19, 2021, 07:21 PM
RE: another riff for the good times - by Meerkat - February 19, 2021, 09:42 PM
RE: another riff for the good times - by RIP Bronco - February 22, 2021, 08:18 PM
RE: another riff for the good times - by Meerkat - February 22, 2021, 09:25 PM