Dragoncrest Cliffs i saw the bottom of the ocean; my pores would pour my soul down there
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Ever since the children came, Rosalyn had divided her time between patrols, hunts, and being present. The former had become less necessary of late as those around them now left them alone; there were no enemies on her radar, and finally somehow Rosalyn began to relax. She could almost believe they'd be safe here, free to grow old and raise their family without others threatening them for perceived slights and old history.

The children were older now too, and though still helpless, well protected in the safety of the cliffs. The call held no threat in it, and when the pirate came upon the individual who had sent it, she did so without her usual wariness.

They weren't well. She took that fact in sharply, and she wondered how Raimo knew them. She didn't have much of an opinion of the man; another wanderer who would likely soon leave them. She had little faith left for men of his kind and thus gave him little credit or thought. If he had promised their aid to one such as this, with so many children of their own to watch, she had even less.

Who are you, and what do you want? It wasn't the kindest opening, but Rosalyn appraised the "woman" on their doorstep with objective interest.
Messages In This Thread