Dragoncrest Cliffs Say, could that lass be I?
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,981 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador

She didn't know where he was taking her but it didn't really matter, did it? Meerkat realized she would follow Njord just about anywhere, a thought which brought a soft, soppy smile to her face as she they ambled along together. She couldn't decide which was more beautiful: the sprawling seaside territory she now called home, or the brief glimpses of Njord's backside whenever she fell a bit behind.

Before long, they arrived at the woods lining the sea cliffs. Greatpine, she remembered him calling it. Meerkat didn't hear any woodpeckers today, though she enjoyed the scents of sea salt and spruce that mingled here. It made the wintry air feel particularly refreshing. Her heart had never felt so full, her lungs never so clean.

Njord stopped and showed her to a den. His den. Their den. Meerkat's lips parted when he explained that he'd spruced up in preparation for her to stay here with him. They hadn't really discussed their specific living arrangements, so her heart leaped almost in disbelief as her amber eyes sought his. He wanted to keep her close. She wanted to be kept close.

She moved to snuffle into his nape for a moment, burying a happy little noise there before retreating just far enough to clasp his paw between both of hers and kiss his poor toes. Meerkat then rapidly pivoted to examine his hard work more closely. The burrow was cozy and modest. It smelled like him. Meerkat smiled to herself, tail wagging so that it brushed the earthen walls. Soon it would smell like her too. It would smell like them.

"It's bonnie," she concluded decisively, gaze lifting to capture his. "Now get in here and kiss me."
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Say, could that lass be I? - by Njord - January 13, 2022, 11:19 PM
RE: Say, could that lass be I? - by Meerkat - January 14, 2022, 01:24 PM
RE: Say, could that lass be I? - by Njord - January 19, 2022, 06:06 PM
RE: Say, could that lass be I? - by Meerkat - January 19, 2022, 08:47 PM
RE: Say, could that lass be I? - by Njord - February 01, 2022, 03:59 PM
RE: Say, could that lass be I? - by Meerkat - February 01, 2022, 05:36 PM
RE: Say, could that lass be I? - by Njord - February 03, 2022, 01:13 AM
RE: Say, could that lass be I? - by Meerkat - February 03, 2022, 10:10 AM
RE: Say, could that lass be I? - by Njord - February 08, 2022, 05:16 PM
RE: Say, could that lass be I? - by Meerkat - February 08, 2022, 06:57 PM
RE: Say, could that lass be I? - by Njord - February 11, 2022, 01:12 AM