Dragoncrest Cliffs summer grasses:
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,991 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She listened carefully as Sobo explained. It was an extraordinarily thoughtful gift, something that had clearly taken him some time to prepare. Meerkat felt a flicker of appreciation, though it was tinged with doubt and hesitation. He had treated her so coldly for so long that, no matter how much she wanted to bridge the gap, she simply couldn’t warm to him so quickly.

If the gift was unexpected, the frank apology was even more astonishing. What had prompted this change of heart? Meerkat wondered if one of his mothers had asked him to do this, or possibly his da? Perhaps that was uncharitable, though. If he’d taken such pain to fashion this totem, maybe all this truly came from the heart. Meerkat wanted to believe.

I’m going to be honest with you, Meerkat said, this is one of the loveliest things anyone has ever given me. I’ll treasure it always. And that was true enough. It would be given a place of honor in the den, alongside the engagement conch and the sea glass she had gifted Njord. I’m honored you took the time to make it for me, Sobo, and I appreciate the apology too.

She paused, considering for a moment, before deciding to say, All I wanted was to be one big, happy family. Of course, that’s idyllic. We’re complex creatures, in a complicated situation. I realize that now. But I hope we can find common ground, Sobo. I would like to be a zanmi to you someday, if not today. Meerkat paused, contemplating that exotic word, and added, I don’t think I’ve heard of lwa, could you tell me more about them? And Erzulie?
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
summer grasses: - by Sobo - March 24, 2022, 02:54 PM
RE: summer grasses: - by Meerkat - March 24, 2022, 03:30 PM
RE: summer grasses: - by Sobo - March 29, 2022, 10:54 AM
RE: summer grasses: - by Meerkat - March 29, 2022, 01:05 PM
RE: summer grasses: - by Sobo - April 08, 2022, 03:43 AM
RE: summer grasses: - by Meerkat - April 08, 2022, 11:38 AM
RE: summer grasses: - by Sobo - April 08, 2022, 05:36 PM
RE: summer grasses: - by Meerkat - April 08, 2022, 06:31 PM
RE: summer grasses: - by Sobo - April 18, 2022, 01:34 PM
RE: summer grasses: - by Meerkat - April 18, 2022, 02:09 PM
RE: summer grasses: - by Sobo - April 23, 2022, 02:58 PM