Dragoncrest Cliffs I had to learn how to fight for myself
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,990 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Not long after dropping off some food near @Chacal’s den, Meerkat wandered back toward the rendezvous site to check on her children. Maybe she would take one of them with her on another foray to collect some gifts for the four new additions.

A terrible scream wrenched her out of her thoughts. Meerkat blinked and sprinted toward Mossbloom as a second cry tore through the air. Was one of her kids in trouble? Never mind that the voice didn’t sound like any of theirs. The noises had already tripped her maternal panic.

She found a young stranger sitting not far from the landmark tree, chest heaving. Meerkat vaguely recognized her by scent and sight. Despite the lack of familiarity, she rushed toward her, slowing a little as she approached and giving the yearling an assessing look. She didn’t smell any blood, didn’t see any wounds.

Are you alright? she asked, heart still pounding in her chest.

Was this Indra? Meerkat knew a little about the young woman who’d come to them not so long ago. From what she’d heard, Indra could probably use some counseling. Guilt curled in Meerkat’s stomach. She hadn’t had time to reach out to the girl on account of her pups, though hopefully she could remedy that right now.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
I had to learn how to fight for myself - by Redbird - June 15, 2022, 06:23 PM
RE: I had to learn how to fight for myself - by Meerkat - June 16, 2022, 09:35 AM