Moonspear Synchronicity
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,996 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
He spoke of their old den in the woods by the beach. Meerkat abruptly remembered a few prized possessions they’d left there, never to be retrieved, her “engagement conch” among them. More than that, they’d made so many memories there. They wouldn’t be able to revisit any of it ever again, a thought which made her bitterly angry and deeply sad in a single blow.

Fortunately, she was able to control her expression and even responded to her husband’s well-meaning and rhetorical questions by saying, Isn’t there some tired old saying that goes, ‘home is where the heart is’ or something like that? It doesn’t matter what it looks like, what matters is who’s in it with me.

However, the fact that this potential ulaq boasted dry floors and shelving perked her interest. She watched Njord take a look inside before retreating with a sneeze. Meerkat huffed an amused breath, licking at one of her toes before reaching out to rub a spot of dirt off Njord’s nose.

Looking around, she observed aloud, I think there’s a stream not far from here too. That makes me think of another saying I’ve heard: ‘location, location, location!’

She chortled, then bumped her muzzle against her mate’s and finally stepped inside herself. Meerkat slung her right flank against the wall to avoid blocking the light as she took several moments to just pore over every inch of the place with her eyes. It was too bad about their few possessions—they could’ve been given places of honor on the natural mantelpiece honed from stone—but perhaps it was best that they hadn’t brought anything from their previous life with them except for one another.

That pelt Sialuk gave us will fit perfectly right here, Meerkat said after a moment, backing into the doorway so Njord could see where she pointed. I think this could be the one.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Synchronicity - by Njord - February 07, 2023, 09:41 PM
RE: Synchronicity - by Meerkat - February 07, 2023, 09:59 PM
RE: Synchronicity - by Njord - February 07, 2023, 10:38 PM
RE: Synchronicity - by Meerkat - February 08, 2023, 09:31 AM
RE: Synchronicity - by Njord - February 11, 2023, 12:04 PM
RE: Synchronicity - by Meerkat - February 13, 2023, 02:49 PM