Moonspear spring showers
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,981 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She nodded at his wise words, sighing through her nose. Next came bad news about Quennell, corroborating what Chakliux had already told her. Meerkat’s eyes went glassy as she thought of their last conversation. “I am angry. At myself. At everyone.” Those words had already bothered her. Now they would haunt her, along with the boy’s mentions of Shardik.

It made her think of Swordfish, of course it did. Meerkat still called for him, though not every day anymore. As she sat there and thought of their son, a heavy feeling crept over her. What if he hadn’t wanted to be found? What if Quennell hadn’t wanted that either? Meerkat could barely comprehend the thought, though she couldn’t make sense of Quennell’s inability to heal, either. It made her feel so helpless…

Njord’s talk of taking Stingray on on a mission to visit Moontide scattered her darkening thoughts. If they were going somewhere, Meerkat wanted to go with them. But what if her husband would prefer to bond with their son? And what of their daughters? She glanced at them. Surely Chakliux and Nasamik wouldn’t mind looking after them, though would Meerkat want to leave them for several days?

She drew in a breath and locked eyes with Njord to ask, How long would you plan to be away?
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
spring showers - by Njord - April 22, 2023, 10:00 PM
RE: spring showers - by Meerkat - April 24, 2023, 08:38 AM
RE: spring showers - by Njord - April 24, 2023, 11:49 AM
RE: spring showers - by Meerkat - April 24, 2023, 01:15 PM
RE: spring showers - by Njord - April 24, 2023, 01:37 PM
RE: spring showers - by Meerkat - April 24, 2023, 01:54 PM
RE: spring showers - by Njord - April 24, 2023, 02:17 PM
RE: spring showers - by Meerkat - April 24, 2023, 02:27 PM
RE: spring showers - by Njord - April 24, 2023, 02:50 PM
RE: spring showers - by Meerkat - April 24, 2023, 03:43 PM