Moonspear Don't discard me just because you think i mean you harm
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,991 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
@Njord and @Stingray were off on their father/son trip, which meant… Girls’ day out! Meerkat called from the clearing outside the ulaq, waiting for @Orca II and @Seal to come running outside before leading the way down the mountainside.

She took her time, walking slowly and pointing out landmarks to her daughters to keep them (and herself) engaged. If they stayed busy, they couldn’t miss Njord and Ray so much. She planned to stop by the lodge to visit with @Raiyuk and his parents eventually, though there was no hurry.

Look, girls, this is where @Sialuk lives, Meerkat announced, pointing off to their left, and that’s where your older brother sleeps, she added a little later, pointing out the pine bed to their right.

After that, she showed them the scars on the slope overlooking the glen. Meerkat stopped there for a while to let Orca and Seal play. Maybe it was strange to let them frolic in a place where so many had lost their lives. Meerkat liked to think that any loitering spirits might enjoy seeing pups playing here, bringing sweet lightness to a dark memory.

Soon, she herded them a bit further down the mount, which brought them to Alaric digging in the soil. Meerkat glanced at the pups to see if they’d noticed him before facing forward, eyes bright, ears pricked and tail waving as they approached.

Say ‘hi’ to Alaric, girls!
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)