Sea Lion Shores the preacher in a t-shirt told me i could be a leader
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
The stranger urged Ava not to cry, which made Caracal’s hold tighten a little when she pressed against him. But he appreciated the sentiment. He, too, wished the child wouldn’t weep. His girls were safe, so why did they react like this? Caracal didn’t get it. He swallowed thickly, gazing in the direction Dinah had gone.

John appeared and Caracal wasted no time filling him in and urging the young missionary to fetch his elder daughter. When John swept after Dinah, Caracal felt a small bit of relief. He gazed down at the top of Ava’s head, then to the ramshackle crucifix, before his eyes sought the stranger’s.

What’s your name? I’m Caracal Redhawk. This is Ava, he introduced, toes gently kneading her slim shoulder blade, and the one who runofft was Dinah. He sniffed in that direction. And John. We’re from the island there. And we’ll go back home, just as soon as the tide goes out, he finished, speaking mostly to the top of his daughter’s head.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: the preacher in a t-shirt told me i could be a leader - by Caracal - August 25, 2023, 09:59 AM